Posted August 25, 2014
My daughter has excelled at Waimea Country School since arriving as a grade 3 student. The family atmosphere and high academic standards without the high pressure testing system has been a refreshing change from our previous Texas school. I am so happy we were told about this school when we first arrived.

Posted April 22, 2014
My 4 children attended Waimea Country School while we lived in Hawaii. We have since returned to the mainland, but still miss our WCS school ohana. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a caring, nurturing learning environment for their keiki.

Posted April 11, 2014
I have yet to find a better educational environment for my child. My son has had not only great academic success at Waimea Country School, he has grown in confidence and is secure in who he is. The staff is so wonderful, they know the children individually and strive to meet both their academic and emotional needs. The other parents and students are also involved and connected. I can't say enough good things.

Waimea Country School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Waimea Country School is a great school. It feels like an ohana and everyone looks after each other. It is a school your child can go to and learn about many different things with many different styles of learning. If you are looking for a small student to teacher ratio, caring staff who truly love your children and at an inexpensive cost, this school is for you. I've sent all three of my children here and trust the staff and enjoyed coming in to volunteer on my free time.

Posted February 27, 2014
Our children entered Waimea Country School two years ago. My eldest had previously tried public school and homeschooling, but this has by far been his most successful experience. They have both come home knowing how to better control themselves, knowing how to respect others and be more responsible. Our childrens strengths are recognized on a daily basis and the challenges are nurtured. I have complete access to the teachers any time and have always felt a part of a team dedicated to the betterment of our children. Thank you WCS. You are the best and we feel totally blessed to have found you.

Posted November 13, 2013
Our family has been part of the Waimea Country School Ohana for the past 6 years. All the way from Kindergarten to 5th grade, students learn how to respect themselves, respect others and be safe and responsible individuals. I really like that students of mixed grades and ages get together on a regular basis and read to each other or do other activities. Everybody is becoming a role model to a younger student - its something really special! The faculty and staff is very approachable at all times - the open door policy is great! My older daughter moved up to Middleschool this year. Her teacher at WCS prepared her exceptionally well for the transition and she is thriving at her new school, we couldn't be happier. Definitely recommendWaimea Country School.

Posted August 07, 2013
I am thrilled with my son's progress at Waimea Country School. He came from a Montessori environment (which I also loved) and I was worried that he wouldn't be as happy in a more academically-oriented environment. However, the transition was great and he is really happy at school. His academic progress has been outstanding. I also really appreciate the emphasis on the values of respect, inclusion, and responsibility for oneself. We are starting our third year at the school and I really feel that WCS has helped my son grow as a person, in addition to his academic progress. Highly recommended!

Posted March 16, 2013
Waimea Country School is an exceptional school! My daughter has attended this school for 4 years and is thriving. The teachers and staff are enthusiastic, creative, caring. Learning is truly individualized. My daughter's teacher has been able to accommodate her level in all subjects. She is never bored in class. Waimea Country School is affordable, providing students with a safe, supportive, challenging learning environment. They have an amazing garden program, and students are encouraged to be active, outside. Childhood is cherished at Waimea Country School. Individualism is encouraged. Multiculturalism is appreciated, and viewed as an asset. The head of school is exceptional. She is dependable and approachable. She is there for parents, students and staff day after day. She truly cares. It's a great school, we have had an exceptional experience. Our son will be starting at this school next year.

Posted January 31, 2013
The multi-age learning environment at Waimea Country School has proven to be a valuable model of learning for my son. In his previous school, there was just one set curriculum, if he was behind, he struggled and often felt anxious, and if he was ahead, worse, he was bored. In the multi-age environment provided by Waimea Country School he has really soared. The feeling of anxiousness about certain subjects has been eliminated, thus allowing him the room to really expand his knowledge on his weaker subjects. On the subjects that he excels in, he is allowed to continue growing, so that he is actually zooming ahead in many subjects. Multi-age just makes sense, each child has some subject areas that are strong points and some that are weak points. The multi-age environment naturally supports this dynamic and encourages growth in all areas without the stress and/or boredom of the typical classroom. Furthermore, a teacher that can handle a multi-age classroom is a truly gifted educator who has taken the time to intimately develop learning relationships with each of his of her students, this leaves the students feeling very supported and encouraged by their teachers.

Posted January 09, 2013
Waimea Country School is dedicated to offering a well rounded, solid education that is family & community based. My son is in his fourth year at WCS and he is thriving. Not only does he feel safe and completely supported by the staff and his fellow students, he loves going to school and is inspired to challenge himself. The education offered at WCS is solidly grounded in academics, but also includes practical studies and real life experience. WCS has their own vegetable & flower garden in which all of the students are involved, they have a great music & arts program, they often take the educational experience off campus to theaters and local culture events, and they also offer a wide variety of physical and sports activities. The staff at all levels are extremely dedicated to the school, the students & their families, and the community. I could not me more pleased with the experience we have had at WCS, and highly recommend this school to others.

Waimea Country School