Bad
Good

I wish I could give it "0" stars becaus of the horrible experience my daughter had in kindergarten because of a kindergarten teacher that destroyed my daughter's confidence and mentally traumatized her from yelling at her over a coloring project. Principal and counsellors only covered up for this teacher and blamed my 5 yr. old. Up until I got a medical note that the incident caused mental and physical stress on my daughter. She's the oldest kindergarten teacher and truly should retire. Writing this now because my daughter has started 1st grade and has the sweetest soft spoken teacher and my daughter is scared to ask for help thinking she'll be yelled at again. I will say that there are some great teachers there. Protect your children.

My 2 kids attend Kaneohe. The new Principal is great and provides a varied after school program (Japanese, Mandarin (language course changes every year), robotics, etc.). Teachers my kids had were great and do a good job of communicating with us. The library is being expanded and should open soon. Kids can't wait till it does. The PTA or Ohana as it's called puts on some big events to fundraise. As with most volunteer organizations it's run by a few dedicated parents and can always use more people to help out. As for the negative review without details as to what the problem was you can't really treat it as being valid.

This school turned out to be a PARENTS NIGHTMARE! After only 3 weeks, I pulled my child out. DO NOT send your child to this school!

My 3 children attend this school. From the very first day I was impressed with the friendliness of all staff that pass you by on the main walkway. Their enthusiasm for learning really shows and is passed on to the children. They have a great kindergarten orientation & a lot of after-school extra curricular activities (kumon, Japanese language, Girl Scouts, etc). The parent organization is strong and they do a lot to help raise funds for the school, which explains the great library and computer lab! Teachers are always available to talk with parents about concerns and call you back that same day. I am very happy my children get to attend this school.

It's a great school, always wanting parents to get invovled ! Teachers are very friendly and understanding going out of their way for the children.

Outstanding Administration and staff, they all are caring and helpful individuals. They prepared our daughters well and they now attend a private school. School activities and parent involvement is excellant.

My older son has been attending this school for the last four years and my younger son three. The teacher quality there, in my personal experience, ranges somewhere between being merely very good to truly outstanding. The principal is very involved and seems to have mastered the fine line between being friendly with the kids and yet still creating an environment of discipline where the kids know that they better not go too far or Mr. O is going to be on their case. I would choose this school over any other on the windward side and perhaps the whole island.

Last modified Kaneohe Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.