PK-6 & Ungraded
Kaneohe, HI

Posted July 30, 2011
We are so blessed to be Heeia Hawks! We are military and living in HI for 16 months while my husband gets his masters. We rented in Heeia's district and I am VERY glad! With each event we attend at Heeia, we are more and more impressed! My bachelors is in education and I was really impressed with the first grade team. They helped my daughter transition from German, Montessori kindergarten into American first grade. They were patient and encouraging. She went from the lowest to the highest reading group halfway through the year! This school has also made AYP for 3 years in a row! That is HUGE, especially in HI. Heeia is the first school in the entire state to have Promethean boards in every classroom (essentially a huge iPad on the wall to interact with students using multimedia). I've learned about Ohana through Heeia. PTA does an excellent job of sponsoring family events without over-burdening parents, yet still including us. My only complaint was too many fundraisers (about 10 last year) and they are re-focusing this year. The goal is less fundraisers, but taking them further. GREAT idea!!! They listened to parent feedback. Excellent school, academically, socially, etc!

Posted September 03, 2010
i have been sending my children to heeia since my 13 year old son was 4. i now have two daghters and another son, ages 9,8 and 5, and i can honestly say that this school is constantly improving itself and that my children love to be there.

Posted September 30, 2009
I absolutely love this school, their priority is to ensure that the children learn in the best environment possible.....

Heeia Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2009
Our daughter is new to this school this year. She is in 3rd grade and I really would like to praise her teachers. They are very involved and work closely with the students. Our daughter has a lot of respect for them and that says a lot. Mr. Uetake, the principal, seems to really care about the students. Before school and after school, he's down amongst the students greeting them and encouraging them. It's nice to see the administration 'get down to the kids' level' and simply just say Hi. Have a good day. He's unlike any other principal we've ever known. He doesn't have that arrogant, warden-like attitude. He cares about the kids and seems to get along well with the staff too.

Posted February 21, 2009

Posted February 10, 2008

Heeia Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2007
I really like my daughters K teacher, very good!! She has taken time to find my daughters interests to teach to the individual!

Posted December 13, 2006
Having my children both attend Heeia I must say that this school really stresses that education comes first. I'm glad that my children got to experience that at a young age. Even the A+ program was great. Ms. Lisa is wonderful. I was comfortable knowing my children was in good hands.

Posted April 27, 2004
As a He'eia School alumni and parent of 3 students, I want to commend Ms. Young and staff, for the great work they do to continuously improve the school (academically and physically) and always looking out for the betterment of our students. I look forward to seeing the excitement on our children's faces as they learn that their school continues to excel!

Posted January 26, 2004
I believe the principal of this school truly cares about the specific needs of child/parent. The A+ program is fantastic in monitoring daily activities for all children and Lisa Kaiwi should be commended.

Heeia Elementary School
46202 Haiku Rd, Kaneohe, HI  96744
Last modified Heeia Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heeia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top