Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter loves to go to school. The teachers are passionate and make learning a joy for her. KUDOS to Heeia for focusing on the whole child and bringing back music and art.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework at this school is an opportunity to practice and explain what my child is learning, I like that it doesn't feel like busy work or new learning that my child doesn't yet know how to do it

We are so blessed to be Heeia Hawks! We are military and living in HI for 16 months while my husband gets his masters. We rented in Heeia's district and I am VERY glad! With each event we attend at Heeia, we are more and more impressed! My bachelors is in education and I was really impressed with the first grade team. They helped my daughter transition from German, Montessori kindergarten into American first grade. They were patient and encouraging. She went from the lowest to the highest reading group halfway through the year! This school has also made AYP for 3 years in a row! That is HUGE, especially in HI. Heeia is the first school in the entire state to have Promethean boards in every classroom (essentially a huge iPad on the wall to interact with students using multimedia). I've learned about Ohana through Heeia. PTA does an excellent job of sponsoring family events without over-burdening parents, yet still including us. My only complaint was too many fundraisers (about 10 last year) and they are re-focusing this year. The goal is less fundraisers, but taking them further. GREAT idea!!! They listened to parent feedback. Excellent school, academically, socially, etc!

i have been sending my children to heeia since my 13 year old son was 4. i now have two daghters and another son, ages 9,8 and 5, and i can honestly say that this school is constantly improving itself and that my children love to be there.

I absolutely love this school, their priority is to ensure that the children learn in the best environment possible.....

Our daughter is new to this school this year. She is in 3rd grade and I really would like to praise her teachers. They are very involved and work closely with the students. Our daughter has a lot of respect for them and that says a lot. Mr. Uetake, the principal, seems to really care about the students. Before school and after school, he's down amongst the students greeting them and encouraging them. It's nice to see the administration 'get down to the kids' level' and simply just say Hi. Have a good day. He's unlike any other principal we've ever known. He doesn't have that arrogant, warden-like attitude. He cares about the kids and seems to get along well with the staff too.

I really like my daughters K teacher, very good!! She has taken time to find my daughters interests to teach to the individual!

Having my children both attend Heeia I must say that this school really stresses that education comes first. I'm glad that my children got to experience that at a young age. Even the A+ program was great. Ms. Lisa is wonderful. I was comfortable knowing my children was in good hands.

Last modified Heeia Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.