Posted January 18, 2014
Our family has four children in the elementary, middle school and high school at Koolau Baptist Academy. Each one has attended since Kindergarten. We are very pleased with the school environment knowing how dedicated the principal, teachers and staff are to the students. The principal knows each student in the school by name and is very involved with the welfare of each one. The dedication to the students is shown through the activities and classes designed to meet their spiritual, intellectual, social and physical needs. The students receive a spiritual foundation that helps them to live out their walk with the Lord. The campus is neat and safe. The facilities are always being improved to make the campus comfortable and fun for the students to interact with each other. The tuition is next to the lowest in the state. We highly recommend this school.

Posted December 11, 2013
I have had 3 of my boys attend Koolau Baptist Academy and would highly recommend their teachings if you want your child to know and follow Jesus Christ, become a good citizen, develop great character and excel academically. They all started out in the public schools and were saved before the negative influences of society became engrained in them too deeply. Yes, there are many rules and policies to follow, however these high standards are exactly what our public education system is lacking and the reason our youth of today are lack the respect and productivity that made our once God-loving Nation great!

Koolau Baptist Academy 1

Posted November 04, 2013
If I could give this school no stars I would. The other day, my brother was sent home and was told to walk off of campus. I should sue them for being liable for my brother. What if he was kidnapped, mugged or something else. This school does not care about your kids. It took management several months to finally take interest in my brother when we were asking for council and help. It wasnt until he was doing worse, till they decided to take interest and agree to help us. By this time, they tell me that he cannot attend the school anymore, yet he can still receive help. WHAT help. None of them have even done anything yet, principal nor pastor. Another reason, my sister tells me that they are telling students to unfriend and shun a kid who was just expelled for smoking an ecig in school. Is the school condoning this.

Posted September 26, 2013
As a Christian parent with a heart's desire to raise my daughter's up in Truth and Light, this school has already come alongside me and helped! My kindergartener is learning how to hide the Word of God in her heart and use it in her everyday life! Miss Reed is a godly example to her and teaches with enthusiasm and passion each day! The lines of communication are always open and she helps me understand how I can teach my daughter at home what she is learning at school in order to better prepare her for schooling in the years ahead. What a true blessing it is to find a school filled with equipped and knowledgable teachers of the Word of God who are passionate about the education of our children! We could not have asked for a better fit for our child and our family!

Posted September 23, 2013
Koolau Baptist Academy located in Kaneohe is a wonderful school. The Teachers & staff are loving, Kind, positive and energetic. My child looks forward to going to school everyday. Excellent academics, class ratio ranges about 1 teacher to 15 students. Many opportunities to be involved in after school. Band opportunity and foreign language.

Posted September 22, 2013
This is a great school the curriculum is excellent. My kids use to go to public schools and after transferring over to Koolua they've learned so much more in the first quarter than an entire year at public school. Kids love the school and the teachers and can't wait to go the next day. Classes are small so the teachers can spend a lot of time with the students teaching and helping. Everyday my kids are learning about the bible and God. This school is a blessing to my family and I.

Posted September 20, 2013
Our family is so blessed to have found this school! Everyone here truly cares about each student in a way that goes above and beyond. My children look forward to each school day and are eager to learn. I firmly believe there is great value in a positive learning environment and smaller class sizes. I highly recommend Koolau Baptist Academy!

Koolau Baptist Academy 3

Posted August 12, 2013
As a grandparent who's dealt with 2 grandsons attending this school, I'm impressed with most of the teachers and how they truly care for their students but very disappointed that no changes were made over the years to shorten the long 3 month summer break. My grandsons were bored and actually couldn't wait to return to school when it was over. This shows that they accept the value and need for education. As grandparents. I'd love to see them more involved with school activities rather than extra curricular ones that sometimes have no value but to add to expenses and consume time. I'd like to see Koolau improve their school year by developing a year round school year to keep students motivated and actively involved in their education. Mahalo for allowing our comments and suggestions.

Koolau Baptist Academy 2

Posted February 23, 2013
The teachers really care for their students, but the school is limited as far as art, PE, and other extra-curricular activities. The administration is not supportive of attendance at other churches. At 7th grade, they insist that the kids attend at least one of their services each week and will not grant exemptions unless you are attending another Baptist church. The kids are threatened with "you will be asked not to re-enroll if you aren't coming to services" at least once a month. With that being said, it did not work for us because we are very active at a different church, and can't work in a time to attend Koolau services. When it came time to re-enroll, we were told it was probably not a good fit for us.

Koolau Baptist Academy 2

Posted December 09, 2012
It is an ok school, not great from some students points of view. It's very small, and some teachers are very strict. The principal is VERY strict too. I recommend having your child go there from Kindergarden to 6th grade, then moving them to a different school.

Koolau Baptist Academy
Po Box 1642, Kaneohe, HI  96744
Last modified Koolau Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Koolau Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top