Windward Nazarene Academy

Private | PK-8 | 230 students

Living in Kaneohe

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $475,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,010.

Sweep tile

Posted March 15, 2014

Outstanding school! My children have attended WNA from Preschool through 8th grade (both attending 11 years each) and loved it. They loved all the staff and administrators. Now in high school and college they return often to volunteer their services to help staff and students. While attending WNA they learned the importance of good study habits, received outstanding grades and exceptional test scores. Thank you WNA for instilling so many positives into them. As a parent I am so proud of the direction they are headed. They continue to be honor students and are very active in school activities, sports and social events. My oldest plans to return to the islands upon completing college to start her own Medical practice. Kudos to WNA because of you my children are better human beings, They are productive and industrious individuals and I know they will be ready for anything the world has to throw their way. Thank you for loving them and caring for them. When it's their time to think about their children's education WNA will definitely be at the top of their list Mahalo for all you do and continue to do!

Posted December 10, 2013

We have three little ones at the school and have loved it from the very beginning. Pros: -Cost is extremely affordable compared with other private schools -Drop off is as early as 6:30 w pick up by 5:45 -lunch and snacks are included in tuition -curriculum is challenging for all grade levels. -tons of extra classes avail for aftercare (music, voice, hula, art, drums, guitar, etc.) -Most of the staff is extremely friendly -the children learn to love Jesus/God. Cons: -Admin could use some improvement -older buildings -small parking lot -only goes up to 8th grade (would keep our kids there if there were a high school) Overall you won't find a better place for education and price. This may not be for everyone, but you should definitely consider this school if you want your child to get ahead. We have relatives that are the same age at public schools, but no where near the same level of education. Definitely a Great School!!!

Posted December 8, 2013

No stars please...I had very high expectations of Windward Nazarene but words can not express how disappointed I was with the staff and administrator. I am surprised that they are even an accredited preschool and think their license should be revoked. The staff at WNA needs to be educated on child development, classroom management and professionalism. From the day my son started at WNA, I would receive nothing but sad notes. The teacher had me believing there was something wrong with my son. However according to my son's pediatrician and my friend who also is a pediatrician, they assured me that my son is your typical 3 year old. At 2 weeks my son appeared to be going through depression...he would cry and fight with me that he didn't want to go to school...then he became withdrawn. I figured out the reason why he became withdrawn is because after having spoken to the principal and teacher, they suggested that I sign a waiver giving WNA my permission to lock my son in the bathroom when he tantrumed. After that conversation I pulled my son out and sent him to another preschool.

Posted April 24, 2013

If you need any outside help from a teacher please be aware that you will be charged $20/hr for tutoring on top of your tuition. Kindergarten teacher and third grade teachers are the worst. Unreal expectations for their students and learning environment is not a happy to be in both of these classrooms. If your not the "golden child" your child will know it. Also boys do not seem to do well. I felt like I needed to come to school in order to protect my child. I should have pulled him out. I regret this very much.

Posted November 18, 2011

Windward Nazarene Academy is awesome! It offers students the opportunity to learn in an environment that exemplifies good values. I definitely would like my child to attend this school!

Posted February 28, 2009

This is definitely an academic school if that's what appeals to you. Kindergarteners are writing cursive and reading on a 1st/2nd grade level. Price cannot be beat for the quality education with Christian values.

Posted January 6, 2008

This school is one out of all private schools that provides students with a super high quality curriculumto help students like me prepare for high school. Kids in pre school are learning how to write and read! Please take this school into consideration.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 10, 2003

This is the best elementary school for the price by far on the island. My daughter is in the 3rd grade now and is at a 5th grade level. Outstanding curriculum.

Two or more races 44% N/A

Affiliation
  • Church of the nazarene
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious