PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2014
As an alumni of Windward Nazarene Academy (WNA), I must say that WNA has played a huge role in the person I am today, especially because I was born deaf in my left ear. I started WNA as a 3 year old preschooler and graduated in the eighth grade. I then continued my education at Kamehameha and now Creighton University. The academics at WNA, especially in preschool and elementary school is amazing. Preschoolers are learning to read and write so that by the time they complete Kindergarten they already know how to read smoothly and write in cursive. Despite what anyone tells you, the staff is so amazing and nice. They will do anything to make sure their students succeed and I can tell you that they genuinely care about their students. In order to do well at WNA, parents need to work with their child to reinforce everything they are learning in school because this school is highly academic. You can't expect the teachers to turn your child into a genius overnight. I loved WNA and I still do, when I'm not in school I am at WNA volunteering or working. If I could write a longer review of this school I would, but to end, I will say this, When I have kids, they are going to WNA.

Posted March 15, 2014
Outstanding school! My children have attended WNA from Preschool through 8th grade (both attending 11 years each) and loved it. They loved all the staff and administrators. Now in high school and college they return often to volunteer their services to help staff and students. While attending WNA they learned the importance of good study habits, received outstanding grades and exceptional test scores. Thank you WNA for instilling so many positives into them. As a parent I am so proud of the direction they are headed. They continue to be honor students and are very active in school activities, sports and social events. My oldest plans to return to the islands upon completing college to start her own Medical practice. Kudos to WNA because of you my children are better human beings, They are productive and industrious individuals and I know they will be ready for anything the world has to throw their way. Thank you for loving them and caring for them. When it's their time to think about their children's education WNA will definitely be at the top of their list Mahalo for all you do and continue to do!

Posted December 10, 2013
We have three little ones at the school and have loved it from the very beginning. Pros: -Cost is extremely affordable compared with other private schools -Drop off is as early as 6:30 w pick up by 5:45 -lunch and snacks are included in tuition -curriculum is challenging for all grade levels. -tons of extra classes avail for aftercare (music, voice, hula, art, drums, guitar, etc.) -Most of the staff is extremely friendly -the children learn to love Jesus/God. Cons: -Admin could use some improvement -older buildings -small parking lot -only goes up to 8th grade (would keep our kids there if there were a high school) Overall you won't find a better place for education and price. This may not be for everyone, but you should definitely consider this school if you want your child to get ahead. We have relatives that are the same age at public schools, but no where near the same level of education. Definitely a Great School!!!

Windward Nazarene Academy 1

Posted December 08, 2013
No stars please...I had very high expectations of Windward Nazarene but words can not express how disappointed I was with the staff and administrator. I am surprised that they are even an accredited preschool and think their license should be revoked. The staff at WNA needs to be educated on child development, classroom management and professionalism. From the day my son started at WNA, I would receive nothing but sad notes. The teacher had me believing there was something wrong with my son. However according to my son's pediatrician and my friend who also is a pediatrician, they assured me that my son is your typical 3 year old. At 2 weeks my son appeared to be going through depression...he would cry and fight with me that he didn't want to go to school...then he became withdrawn. I figured out the reason why he became withdrawn is because after having spoken to the principal and teacher, they suggested that I sign a waiver giving WNA my permission to lock my son in the bathroom when he tantrumed. After that conversation I pulled my son out and sent him to another preschool.

Windward Nazarene Academy 1

Posted April 24, 2013
If you need any outside help from a teacher please be aware that you will be charged $20/hr for tutoring on top of your tuition. Kindergarten teacher and third grade teachers are the worst. Unreal expectations for their students and learning environment is not a happy to be in both of these classrooms. If your not the "golden child" your child will know it. Also boys do not seem to do well. I felt like I needed to come to school in order to protect my child. I should have pulled him out. I regret this very much.

Posted November 18, 2011
Windward Nazarene Academy is awesome! It offers students the opportunity to learn in an environment that exemplifies good values. I definitely would like my child to attend this school!

Posted February 28, 2009
This is definitely an academic school if that's what appeals to you. Kindergarteners are writing cursive and reading on a 1st/2nd grade level. Price cannot be beat for the quality education with Christian values.

Posted January 06, 2008
This school is one out of all private schools that provides students with a super high quality curriculumto help students like me prepare for high school. Kids in pre school are learning how to write and read! Please take this school into consideration.

Posted September 10, 2003
This is the best elementary school for the price by far on the island. My daughter is in the 3rd grade now and is at a 5th grade level. Outstanding curriculum.

Windward Nazarene Academy
Po Box 1633, Kaneohe, HI  96744
Last modified Windward Nazarene Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8