PK-5 & Ungraded
Kapolei, HI

Posted May 18, 2015
We recently relocated from California and I was a bit nervous based on opinions of others about Hawaii's public schools. I am beyond thrilled with Mauka Lani. Coming from a top rated school, I was worried my son would not receive the same education. Pleasantly surprised at the academic level, my son is excelling and his confidence has sky rocketed. The staff is wonderful. The campus is safe and clean. We are excited and looking forward to second grade at Mauka Lani and the years to come.

Mauka Lani Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2013
Mauka Lani is a fabulous school, and I cant wait to see what the future holds.

Mauka Lani Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2011
We moved here with just a couple of months left in the school year. I was very impressed when the principal took us on a tour of the campus. She's obviously quite proud of the school. My daughter's teacher was great; she truly welcomed her into the class. The May Day celebration was absolutely incredible. What a fantastic way to see Hawaiian pageantry!

Mauka Lani Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2011
My daughter has attended Mauka Lani for 4 years. She previously went to Kaleiopu'u and Kapolei Elementary. I believe the Teachers & Principal are better at Mauka Lani because they actually take the time to know the students. However, I do believe that the 'No Child Left Behind' has changed the structure of teaching which is disappointing. The children who get the most attention are those that are not doing well, while the children that are excelling grow bored & complacent. The children that do excel are used as teaching tools for students who are not meeting proficiency. I believe that we should spend a good amount of time assisting students to pass the HSA & teaching them to do better in school. However, I believe that it is just as important to reward the students who excel, giving them an incentive program as well. When school staff do not give as much positive reinforcement to the excelling students, they are instilling in the children that mediocrity is just as good as excelling. School should be challenging for all children, not just for those that do not meet proficiency standards.

Posted February 01, 2010
The Special Education Preschool has a great program!

Posted September 17, 2009
My son's school makes sure that they get the help that they need.

Posted May 02, 2009
This is by far one of the best public schools in Hawaii. The principal has brought back May Day and has established many after-school programs. I am very pleased to say that my children (3) have had a very good experience their and have scored above average and exceeds proficiency on their standardized test.

Posted October 27, 2008
My children moved from Ewa Beach Elem, to Mauka Lani Elem... and the learning here at Mauka Lani is incredible! My children come home learning more then they have ever learned at their other school! I recommend this school to all parents! Mahalo, Teachers & Staff @ Mauka Lani! Aloha

Posted August 11, 2003
I have been a Mauka Lani Parent since 1990. My oldest just graduated,2 are at our high school and my last one is in 5th grade. I believe that Mauka Lani is one of the best schools on this side of the island because of involved parents and caring educators. We have gone through alot of changes over the years; three principals, new office and lib. buildings and a great value system implimented(ohana values). Even our support staff is great. If you want to send your child to a great school look high up to the mountains of Makakilo!!

Posted July 03, 2003
My children go to Mauka Lani Elementary School and it is the best public school in Hawaii. Just check out the school SAT scores!

Mauka Lani Elementary School
921300 Panana St, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified Mauka Lani Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mauka Lani Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top