Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school has many good qualities. The staff and teachers are all very nice and helpful. However, kids who excel will become bored . There is not much in the way of music, art or PE due to budget cuts, I believe. This is an "ok" school, but not a great school.

We recently relocated from California and I was a bit nervous based on opinions of others about Hawaii's public schools. I am beyond thrilled with Mauka Lani. Coming from a top rated school, I was worried my son would not receive the same education. Pleasantly surprised at the academic level, my son is excelling and his confidence has sky rocketed. The staff is wonderful. The campus is safe and clean. We are excited and looking forward to second grade at Mauka Lani and the years to come.

Mauka Lani is a fabulous school, and I cant wait to see what the future holds.

We moved here with just a couple of months left in the school year. I was very impressed when the principal took us on a tour of the campus. She's obviously quite proud of the school. My daughter's teacher was great; she truly welcomed her into the class. The May Day celebration was absolutely incredible. What a fantastic way to see Hawaiian pageantry!

My daughter has attended Mauka Lani for 4 years. She previously went to Kaleiopu'u and Kapolei Elementary. I believe the Teachers & Principal are better at Mauka Lani because they actually take the time to know the students. However, I do believe that the 'No Child Left Behind' has changed the structure of teaching which is disappointing. The children who get the most attention are those that are not doing well, while the children that are excelling grow bored & complacent. The children that do excel are used as teaching tools for students who are not meeting proficiency. I believe that we should spend a good amount of time assisting students to pass the HSA & teaching them to do better in school. However, I believe that it is just as important to reward the students who excel, giving them an incentive program as well. When school staff do not give as much positive reinforcement to the excelling students, they are instilling in the children that mediocrity is just as good as excelling. School should be challenging for all children, not just for those that do not meet proficiency standards.

The Special Education Preschool has a great program!

My son's school makes sure that they get the help that they need.

This is by far one of the best public schools in Hawaii. The principal has brought back May Day and has established many after-school programs. I am very pleased to say that my children (3) have had a very good experience their and have scored above average and exceeds proficiency on their standardized test.

My children moved from Ewa Beach Elem, to Mauka Lani Elem... and the learning here at Mauka Lani is incredible! My children come home learning more then they have ever learned at their other school! I recommend this school to all parents! Mahalo, Teachers & Staff @ Mauka Lani! Aloha

Last modified Mauka Lani Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.