Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My older two graduated from Barbers Point Elementary School and my youngest just enrolled in preschool. After 10+ experience as a parent at Barbers Point, I could confidently say that this school is an amazing school with committed, caring teachers and staff and provides a nurturing environment. The school creates a warm, welcoming feeling and could feel the true aloha. All of the teachers are so positive and it is completely apparent how much they care deeply for each student’s welfare and strive to make each student special. The staff are very helpful and kind and they too care deeply about the students. The teachers and staff at Barbers Point Elementary School go beyond their call of duty. The principal is so involved and interact with every student as well as the parents as much as she can. All the students are happy, polite and noticeably respectful of each other as from Preschool to 5th grade, they learn good characteristics monthly. Also, this school has beyond excellent atmosphere for special need children just like my own. They provide one to one assistance, educate them according to their pace and ability, and truly give them the love. As for the unfortunate kids, the school will provide all the needs so that they too could have the same education, go on field trips, and events. Barbers Point also provides many after school programs such as Junior Police Officer, STEM, Robotics, and many more. I believe this school is one of the few elementary school that provides hula classes, Hawaiian classes and celebrate May Day. Barbers Point Elementary teaches and treasures the importance of the tradition and culture where the children live. All my children loves going to school. Any school could give a good education with skilled teachers. However, teachers can not make a child love school. Barbers Point Elementary provides that. And that is a gift itself. I had a little setback with my last child enrolling in Barbers Point Elementary School. But I can not think of any other school, even private school, that I would have my daughter go to. I did everything I can so that she could go and with the help from teachers and staff, she is happily going to school daily now. Her smile will explain it all how happy she is at BPES. Barber's Point Elementary School is a school with high academics and full of aloha. I can't recommend it highly enough.

My children have been attending this school for years. I have been extremely pleased each school year with the teacher my children have been given and watching them succeed not struggle knowing they both struggle in certain areas. Each year they improve and I know these teachers work very hard at Barbers to ensure each child's success. The principal and office staff always greet you with a smile and know your child by name. The custodial staff keep the campus clean and safe. 5 Stars of Excellence for this school!

I haven't seen or been there for 100 + Days My last day was in 4th Grade I left behind lots of friends my best friends I was A medium type to be honest I am Justice Lupton A former student

This is my sons first year at Barbers point and I have to say we really like it. His teacher is very nice and helpful to my son andyself. I would recommend this school to family and friends.

If you have a disabled child, BEWARE. The SCC does not return phone calls. While most of the teachers do a fantastic job, we have had issues with certain teachers "punishing" our children, due to the teacher's inability to control their classroom. Overall my experience with the school was average.

My son started school mid-year. 25th student in his class. His teacher did a remarkable job with her entire class. He was more than well prepared for first grade. He gained far more than I expected.

We have been at this school for two years. I have two children and have never had a problem communicating with the teachers or staff. I have felt that there are plenty of positive reinforcements for the students to want to do well. We have even adopted some for home use. The principal is always out in the lani areas and greets most students by name. She is slightly reserved which I think can come off as distant but her attention to each student would show otherwise. I have had only a few issues with the way things were handled but I felt I had the freedom to address each situation and come to an agreement with the teachers. They do not ask for much from the parents but I have always made it a point to volunteer and have loved being in my children's classes. I am excited for my children to progress in this school. There are so many leadership opportunities for them in the higher grades. I feel that it is not only the schools responsibility to teach my children it is also mine. So we work hard at home too, but with guidance and tips from the teachers. Being involved and not waiting till someone asks you to do so will help any parent jumping into this school.

I loved it here and miss it very much since we moved. The staff is caring and empathetic, the teachers through their heart into their work, and the kids are welcoming of everyone no matter what the disability or difference is.

They are not very friendly and do not like to give information unless you pry. My child's teacher has talked down to me several times in front of my child and is not willing to work with us or compromise in a professional way. I would not recommend anyone sending their children here if you have the choice. Of course you can volunteer but I never felt welcomed and have never been asked to volunteer for anything so I got the impression volunteers weren't really wanted.

I wish it were possible to not give this school any stars! It has been nothing, but a horrible experience from the start. It took them over a month to get my daughter's records from a previous school and find her a class. Since she started there has been nothing, but issues when communicating with her teacher. I have experienced these as well as my daughter. The teacher don't seem to have control over her class room and seems to punish all the children for what one does. She has blown loud whistles in my daughters ear and often ignores when my child is trying to tell her something important. The teacher has even justified other students bullying my child and seems to implicate that my child deserves to be bullied. I have a very soft spoken little girl who has a very kind heart and this school has done nothing, but brake her spirit and take the joy out of her education. It is the worst school I have ever seen. My child will not be going back!

Last modified Barbers Point Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.