PK-5 & Ungraded
Kapolei, HI

Posted December 30, 2013
I haven't seen or been there for 100 + Days My last day was in 4th Grade I left behind lots of friends my best friends I was A medium type to be honest I am Justice Lupton A former student

Posted October 08, 2013
This is my sons first year at Barbers point and I have to say we really like it. His teacher is very nice and helpful to my son andyself. I would recommend this school to family and friends.

Barbers Point Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
If you have a disabled child, BEWARE. The SCC does not return phone calls. While most of the teachers do a fantastic job, we have had issues with certain teachers "punishing" our children, due to the teacher's inability to control their classroom. Overall my experience with the school was average.

Posted August 14, 2013
My son started school mid-year. 25th student in his class. His teacher did a remarkable job with her entire class. He was more than well prepared for first grade. He gained far more than I expected.

Posted June 11, 2013
We have been at this school for two years. I have two children and have never had a problem communicating with the teachers or staff. I have felt that there are plenty of positive reinforcements for the students to want to do well. We have even adopted some for home use. The principal is always out in the lani areas and greets most students by name. She is slightly reserved which I think can come off as distant but her attention to each student would show otherwise. I have had only a few issues with the way things were handled but I felt I had the freedom to address each situation and come to an agreement with the teachers. They do not ask for much from the parents but I have always made it a point to volunteer and have loved being in my children's classes. I am excited for my children to progress in this school. There are so many leadership opportunities for them in the higher grades. I feel that it is not only the schools responsibility to teach my children it is also mine. So we work hard at home too, but with guidance and tips from the teachers. Being involved and not waiting till someone asks you to do so will help any parent jumping into this school.

Posted January 27, 2013
I loved it here and miss it very much since we moved. The staff is caring and empathetic, the teachers through their heart into their work, and the kids are welcoming of everyone no matter what the disability or difference is.

Barbers Point Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2012
They are not very friendly and do not like to give information unless you pry. My child's teacher has talked down to me several times in front of my child and is not willing to work with us or compromise in a professional way. I would not recommend anyone sending their children here if you have the choice. Of course you can volunteer but I never felt welcomed and have never been asked to volunteer for anything so I got the impression volunteers weren't really wanted.

Barbers Point Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2012
I wish it were possible to not give this school any stars! It has been nothing, but a horrible experience from the start. It took them over a month to get my daughter's records from a previous school and find her a class. Since she started there has been nothing, but issues when communicating with her teacher. I have experienced these as well as my daughter. The teacher don't seem to have control over her class room and seems to punish all the children for what one does. She has blown loud whistles in my daughters ear and often ignores when my child is trying to tell her something important. The teacher has even justified other students bullying my child and seems to implicate that my child deserves to be bullied. I have a very soft spoken little girl who has a very kind heart and this school has done nothing, but brake her spirit and take the joy out of her education. It is the worst school I have ever seen. My child will not be going back!

Posted December 01, 2010
I've had 3 children attend this school, 2 currently, and I myself am an alumni, and have faired very well. I do not expect for schools to be totally responsible for educating the children, parents have to be very involved as well. This school has not failed in educating my children and giving them the basis for success for future and higher education. I must admit that not all teachers are equal, but if parental involvement occurs, you can assess if the teacher is a good match for your child to learn.

Posted February 23, 2010
My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years now. As a parent, we are very pleased with what she has learned and experienced from this school. I think it all depends on teachers and how much parents are involved, but my daughter has been involved with a lot of school activities as well as academics. Most kids are well displined wtih good behavior. I just wish more parents would get involved to make this school better.

Barbers Point Elementary School
3001 Boxer Rd, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified Barbers Point Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barbers Point Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top