Bad
Good

My children have enjoyed their experiences at Kapolei Elementary! My son who is in grade 5 loved being a part of the Junior Police Officers (JPO) one of many clubs that Kapolei Elementary offers to their fifth students. Great school!

Kapolei Elementary is a great school! My children love it there. When we first moved to the Hawaii, we were nervous about attending a public school. However, we had nothing to worry about. My children have adjusted well to the school. The school staff is caring and will go out of their way to help you. We also attend activities such as the parent coffee hours. Even if there will be a new school built in the area next year, my children don't want to leave the school. So we will keep them at Kapolei Elementary! :)

Honestly, I was a bit leery when I enrolled my son in a public school in Hawaii, but I figured we should at least give it a try. My son started kindergarten here with Ms. Pascual, and I must admit that I'm quite impressed. She had great control over her class and the students were fairly responsible, upstanding individuals. My son was writing book reports, doing simple math problems, and reading easy level books by the end of the year. Now that he's in first grade, he's progressing nicely and I believe it's largely due to Ms. Pascual's preparation and tutelage. The teachers are often in meetings to learn new ways to teach, so I was a bit put off by all the substitute teachers but I understand it's necessary to improve their curriculum. Ms. Sah is equally wonderful. Her gentle manner of teaching helps my son see problems from different angles. Ms. Castr, the VP and his staff were very proactive and helpful when there is an issue that needed addressing. All the rumors about public Hawaii schools are not true here. The staff here truly cares about each student and strive to make this a pleasant learning environment.

Kind and caring class teacher and other staffs.My son started 3rd grade in the year 2012 and was new to everyone in this school and had some problem with understanding the language even though he was good in math. He did not take much time to understand everything because of his class teacher and other members of the school. I really appreciate his class teacher`s effort. He passed his HSA exam with very good score. This school offers wonderful programs for their children including games and field trip. 5 stars for this school.

Kind and caring teachers and staff. My kids love it there. Kapolei Elementary offers wonderful programs for their students. The coffee hours for families are beneficial. The school offers many opportunities for parents to learn about school programs and how we can help our children. 5 stars for Kapolei Elementary!

KES gets zero stars from me. My Brother has his daughter here in 1st. grade. There is a VALID & CURRENT Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) against the mother on file with the school. The 'mother' can't be anywhere near the child. 'Mom' showed up at the school on 9/1/11 and the office staff let her sign the child out. Appears they didn't check child's file. Now, on 9/7/11, whereabouts & safety of the child are unknown.

Kapolei Elementary is a 5 Star school. There curriculum is excellent & above DOE's expectation. My neice went to Pre-K, not knowing anything & at the end of the year could read a whole book & do really good basic math. My son started Kindergarden this year & in 2 days he can spell his name, that is 9 letters long. So I'm very pleased with them academic & I haven't found a flaw in this school yet.

Ihave a grandaughter attending Kapolei elementary. This is her second year, she had a soild foundational teaching in kindergarten the reinforcment in teaching skills have caused her to excell this year. mahalo to kindergarten teacher kerry yrojo she's the best at Kapolei Elementary.

My son has been attending this school for 3 years, and so far I love his teachers. His kindergarden teacher was very encouraging and loving - so I think that's why he had a good first impression of school. His first grade teacher is awesome! My's son handwriting has improved so much and I think he is learning great things. The only improvement would be the drop-off, pick-up situation - very dangerous with no traffic cop...

Last modified Kapolei Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.