Bad
Good

I too went to Kapolei High School previously, but moved to a private school. I really loved KHS and miss everything about it. The teachers there are so caring and really make classes fun. There are a lot of students, but that just teaches you to be responsible and accountable for your own learning. KHS is a great school! There's so many electives and clubs someone can choose from. There's something there for everyone. Being at a private school, I feel Kapolei Really prepared me. Private school isn't much different from Kapolei. In fact, it's almost easier. I'd recommend Business Academy for Juniors and Seniors. It'd be the best decision they can make!

I went to Kapolei High school before,but now I attend a private school. I really miss Kapolei High school,the teachers there are really nice and make teaching fun. Its not so difficult and stress working there where it is where I now attend school. All the students all are generally good and really funny.Being a big school,you can find all kinds of people to some of the kindest people I've ever met. I really miss my time at KHS.I hope that you will consider KHS. Because it really is a good fun school.

I totally agree with this review. I have had 3 children attend this school. The classes is overcrowded (due to the fact that the state keeps on building home, without the proper schools in place) KHS has no control of this. But the pods are not conducive to learning and the projects are ridiculous. Security is a joke!! There are some exceptional teachers and staff, but if you do not know them you will be in the blackhole revolving voice mail system. The new edline system is great to be kept informed. I also think the new principal, Mr. Esmeralda, will make a BIG difference. I have worked with him in the past and he has the heart and leadership quailities that can make KHS a scool we all can be proud of.

Student centered heart of the community

Kapolei High has the best teachers of course!

I am an alumni from this school, although I just recently graduated in 2005 I have seen how much of a downfall this school has taken since just 4 years ago. It seems that somewhere from then to now, Kapolei High School has lost any pride it may have had, and its identity that us earlier alumni tried so hard to build upon, I'm talking about our 'One team caring, dignity & integrity' attitude that really differientiated the first classes there to the ones you'll see now. I have younger siblings now attending the school, and even they notice the lack of pride and especially the lack of authority at the school. The principal is all show, he does nothing constructive at all for the school or more importantly for the students. I am disappointed and ashamed for what its become, its become just another low class Hawaii public school. Sad.

I wish that I could give the school a lower rating than 1 star. The communication to home and to the students is horrible. Students attending every day did not know what activities or events were happening. Girls wear pajamas to school to then later change in the day. There are no classes for gifted students and in the freshman or sophomore years, all students are made to take beginning math no mater what they had in middle school. Classes are over crowded, pod set up is not conducive to learning. Group projects usually mean only one or two of the group of 4 or 5 will do all of the work, but everyone will get the credit/grade. We parents call the office to get information about events no one knows anything and you get transferred into the black hole of the voice mail system and with no call back.

my child attended this school 9 - 12.... the communication between school and home is horrible. Parents never know what is going on until it is to late... newsletters come home 1 every quarter with info on events that have already happened. Information that is sent home requires a signature and return to school, leaving the parent with nothing unless you take it to kinko to be copied before you return it. I am so glad my child has graduated, I do not feel he is prepared for college.

My son just graduated from Kapolei High School after attending 9th through 12th grades there. It is true that communication is very bad. The current principal would not return my phone calls, and after 4 messages left with the office, I contacted the superintendent of schools. Only then did I get defensive return phone call, which did not resolve any of the problems I had with the school. I had asked to be informed of my sons absences, but never got a notice until it was too late. I got a call the last week of school, saying he would be failing a class. Luckily it was a class that was not needed for graduation. Had I been able, I would have had him attend a different school. Almost any other school would have been better!

Kapolei HS is a very large school. However, if your student is serious about school he/she needs to take the hardest courses possible. Take all the AP courses you can. There are some very good teachers at Kapolei that will come in early and stay late to help students. I have two sons that attend the school. The only reason students would fail at this school is because they don't do the work. The administration does need to crack down on the dress code policy.

Last modified Kapolei High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.