Kapolei, HI
Before care: Yes

Posted August 27, 2014
This is an excellent school offering quality education. The teachers are wonderful. My child has received caring and individualized attention and is excelling in the demanding IB curriculum. True, there have been some change at the administrative level, but a lot of the "problems" have left the school, thankfully. We look forward to the new administration and another great school year.

Posted May 16, 2014
The school provides a wonderful, top education. Our daughter has received an excellent education from grade 1 - 9 and has ranked extremely high on national test scores. She loves the IB program and looks forward to receiving her IB diploma and attending a top university! Great value for the money; individualized programs and attention; excellent teachers; wide range of course offerings in the upper school.

Posted May 16, 2014
I do not usually post on forums like this but after seeing the negatives I felt i needed to speak up.I am a parent of 2 kids at IPA and am very pleased with the state of my children's education. Both are excelling both academically and socially.I had a problem with the past admin but the Board seems to have seen the issue and taken steps to correct. I read all of the comments and I believe the negative comments in my experience are not valid and the product of a disingenuous campaign to smear the school for personal reasons. Even in my most frustrating moment as an IPA parent I NEVER thought my kids education was anything but top notch and believe its getting better under the current administration. As with any online anonymous forum there is a tendency to see both very bad and very good ratings and few in the middle. I believe IPA deserves the Very Good but that's something you should decide for yourself not solely from an online posting that could be vindictive. Go visit and see for yourself. JMHO

Island Pacific Academy 2

Posted May 10, 2014
The teachers and staff at this school work so hard and the students are amazing; however the administration at all levels have turned this school from a loving, caring, place to work and learn to a hostile environment. Sadly the parents don't have their eyes open to how badly the teachers are treated so they will be blindsided when they figure out how many amazing teachers are leaving the school. Over 20 highly qualified educators that love the students at ipa are leaving because the administration has created a hostile environment for them to work. The students will suffer, programs will suffer, all because the egos of the people on the administration team. For the students I hope they find qualified replacements for the teachers that have left or are leaving but if I were a parent, especially of a 6-12 student I would be worried!

Island Pacific Academy 1

Posted April 02, 2014
At first we liked that IPA was lowering its tuition for 2014-15. By lowering the tuition costs the school is hoping to increase enrollment. Our concern is that by charging less tuition, IPA may have less tuition income to help cover the increasing costs of educating students, making it more difficult to provide a top notch educational program. With less tuition income, it will be more challenging to offer many things like competitive salaries to attract and retain great teachers, maintain state of the art facilities, offer strong academic, athletic and arts programs, professional development opportunities, & technology enhancements. In the case of education, cheaper is not always better.

Posted March 27, 2014
Island Pacific Academy has changed my son in ways that I will never be able to repay. The international baccalaureate education is excellent, but the fact that he comes home from high school every day with a curious, caring, and mature worldview, and a desire to succeed and to make the world a better place...now that is priceless. Thank you, IPA!

Posted January 12, 2014
I have read the other reviews and I really do not understand the angry/negative comments. This is our ninth year at IPA and both of our children attend the school. I could not be more grateful to have such a great school just 10 minutes from my home. My daughter is now a senior and was just accepted to a great university on the mainland. The director of admissions at the university told her that the International Baccalaureate gives applicants a significant advantage when applying for college. IPA is obviously teaching the students well academically in addition to teaching them to be good citizens. I would recommend that any family that is planning to place their children in private school in Hawaii, go to the IPA campus and have a tour. Then, wherever your children attend, get involved in the school community and make the effort to build relationships with the faculty and staff, not because you might receive special treatment or be a part of some perceived "clique", but because it is important to take an active and positive role in your children's education.

Posted January 11, 2014
If you are looking for a great school for your children on the Westside, IPA is the place for you. The faculty and staff are hard working, caring and provide a great education to the students. The school is small enough so students get personal attention. Students also have art, PE, music, and technology classes. Parents, grandparents and family members are welcomed as volunteers and members of the IPA community. One of the nicest parts about IPA is how students are taught about community service and how everyone, students and adults, give back to community.

Island Pacific Academy 4

Posted January 11, 2014
IPA has been a great school for our two kids. The atmosphere is caring, friendly and we love that the families are like an extended family. The teachers that my kids have had really make a difference in our kids education. Thank you IPA.

Island Pacific Academy 1

Posted January 09, 2014
If I can turn my selection of 1 star into a trash can I would that's the value of education we received at this glorified day care center. If your seriously considering this school for your children you really need to reconsider, save your money for tutoring and send your children to another school. Your not going to receive the education that your paying in tuition at this institution.

Island Pacific Academy
909 Haumea Street, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified Island Pacific Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Island Pacific Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 122 reviews. Top