Kapolei, HI

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Most of the student come from very respectful families but the school seems to reinforce this type of behavior every day.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Sure kids will be kids but they all seem to come from good families with good values so I think most of the students come into this school very honest and with good integrity, the school seems to support it and promote the same.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 28, 2015
With learning lab, my child gets most of his work completed at school. Sometimes, when he was off task during the day, he would have work to bring home, but it is never too much.

Posted May 28, 2015
It was recently diagnosed that my child had a medical reason for his speech delay. The medical professional who diagnosed my child was very impressed by his current development and inquired what school he attends. When I told her about American Renaissance Academy, she gave high praise to the school, as she credits - as I do - the school's small class sizes and how much the administration, faculty, and staff care about each student as their own. My son loves to go to school, despite the long school day, he always asks for 10 more minutes to play with his friends. It's refreshing to have my child want to be at school.

Posted May 27, 2015
As a former parent, I shout: DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO ARA! The entire school is a farse, from the CEO down to the teachers!! They all have absolutely no clue about running a school or even how to treat children. ARA is merely a tax shelter for the CEO and her family members. Lies flow from their mouths more abundantly than carbon dioxide!! Save your money and spare your children from developing PTSD as a recourse of attending ARA!

Posted August 29, 2014
As a former teacher for many years at American Renaissance Academy I have to say that we have always been so fortunate to have a great faculty and staff. As any business or school grows you have a need to expand your faculty. I believe that the only problem we ever had was with the rapid expansion; there were a few teachers that were unfortunately hired that didn't have the mission of the school in their hearts. They clearly had their own agenda to run the school their own way. Thankfully those teachers are no longer a part of the school and ARA can get back to doing what they do best, which is educating children. All of the teachers are well qualified to be in their classrooms, and there is not a teacher that was banned from the DOE. This is just another negative and hurtful rumor that these sad individuals are trying to spread. If you are looking for a small, nurturing and loving, yet challenging school for your child, please take a look at ARA. A definite diamond in the rough.

Posted August 28, 2014
You should feel shame for posting such negative untruths! I happen to know that ARA did NOT have an open house over the summer. They were too busy with summer school. Get it straight, the other private school in Kapolei is possibly closing. Isn't this why they had over 20 teachers and their headmaster leave this summer? I don't know whats happening over there, but I do know that my grandkids love ARA! My wife and I have never seen such enthusiasm about going to school to learn!! Whatever the teachers are doing at ARA, KEEP IT UP!! My grandkids went to the other school and were academically behind when they first came to ARA; however the dedicated teachers at American Renaissance Academy quickly brought them up to above grade level. I am also very excited about the renderings I have seen for the new campus! My grandkids performed at the LCC theater with ARA and I have to tell you that it was well worth the admission, and then some. This years graduation was absolutely impressive with former Lieutenant Governor Duke Aiona as the keynote speaker!! I was equally impressed with ARA's alumni speaker that is a biochem major, going on to grad school at an Ivy League school. Cheers ARA!

Posted August 28, 2014
My husband and I made the huge mistake of taking our child to another school because we were young parents and listened to the naysayers and a few disgruntled teachers (that needed to be in public school). We regretted everyday since we left ARA. Our child actually regressed with her learning at the other private school. Thankfully we returned to ARA and our child is doing very,very well. ARA may not be for every child, family, or teacher, but IT IS THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR US! I feel good knowing that the staff and faculty truly care about my child and don't think twice about going the extra mile for her. Now that the horrible teachers have left, the school is such a wonderful place. Shame on your former disgruntled teachers. You need to get a real life and admit that you didn't have what it takes to be a real, nurturing teacher. Keep up the great work ARA; there are so many thankful families in the community that are proud to be a part of the ARA Ohana!

Posted August 28, 2014
I made the biggest mistake of sending my daughter to ARA last year. They talk a big talk to get you to enroll but everything they promise is failed to be delivered. DO NOT WASTE YOUR CHILD'S TIME, EDUCATION or YOUR MONEY! I definitely won't make a mistake like this again.

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is closing. They were still having open house over the summer but not informing anyone that they were probably not going to be around.

One Lexington Avenue, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified American Renaissance Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
American Renaissance Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top