Kapolei, HI

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 12, 2015
Most of my children's homework is done at school, however there is light homework or finishing up of classwork that is assigned almost daily. Occasionally they are assigned projects that are partially completed at home (science fair projects, etc).

Posted August 12, 2015
I am a happy parent with two happy children that have been attending ARA for three academic school years. The school provides a nurturing environment where my children thrive. I especially recommend this school to those who feel their children will do best in a small class room environment. Very pleased with the school, teachers, administration, and fellow parents. It takes a village to raise a child and this school I feel, is that village.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 12, 2015
Teachers keep me well informed of my child's progress. Teachers are very receptive to talking to parents at anytime should there be questions regarding my child. As well, they are swift to let me know if they have concerns, in a kind and respectful manner.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
Since it is such a small school you get the feel of being in a family-like atmosphere where everyone is looking out for the best interest of all the children. Children feel supported by their peers, teachers, administration, their parents and their peers parents. This kind of environment, I feel promotes, compassion, caring, and empathy in children.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Most of the student come from very respectful families but the school seems to reinforce this type of behavior every day.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Sure kids will be kids but they all seem to come from good families with good values so I think most of the students come into this school very honest and with good integrity, the school seems to support it and promote the same.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 28, 2015
With learning lab, my child gets most of his work completed at school. Sometimes, when he was off task during the day, he would have work to bring home, but it is never too much.

Posted May 28, 2015
It was recently diagnosed that my child had a medical reason for his speech delay. The medical professional who diagnosed my child was very impressed by his current development and inquired what school he attends. When I told her about American Renaissance Academy, she gave high praise to the school, as she credits - as I do - the school's small class sizes and how much the administration, faculty, and staff care about each student as their own. My son loves to go to school, despite the long school day, he always asks for 10 more minutes to play with his friends. It's refreshing to have my child want to be at school.

Posted August 29, 2014
As a former teacher for many years at American Renaissance Academy I have to say that we have always been so fortunate to have a great faculty and staff. As any business or school grows you have a need to expand your faculty. I believe that the only problem we ever had was with the rapid expansion; there were a few teachers that were unfortunately hired that didn't have the mission of the school in their hearts. They clearly had their own agenda to run the school their own way. Thankfully those teachers are no longer a part of the school and ARA can get back to doing what they do best, which is educating children. All of the teachers are well qualified to be in their classrooms, and there is not a teacher that was banned from the DOE. This is just another negative and hurtful rumor that these sad individuals are trying to spread. If you are looking for a small, nurturing and loving, yet challenging school for your child, please take a look at ARA. A definite diamond in the rough.

Posted August 28, 2014
You should feel shame for posting such negative untruths! I happen to know that ARA did NOT have an open house over the summer. They were too busy with summer school. Get it straight, the other private school in Kapolei is possibly closing. Isn't this why they had over 20 teachers and their headmaster leave this summer? I don't know whats happening over there, but I do know that my grandkids love ARA! My wife and I have never seen such enthusiasm about going to school to learn!! Whatever the teachers are doing at ARA, KEEP IT UP!! My grandkids went to the other school and were academically behind when they first came to ARA; however the dedicated teachers at American Renaissance Academy quickly brought them up to above grade level. I am also very excited about the renderings I have seen for the new campus! My grandkids performed at the LCC theater with ARA and I have to tell you that it was well worth the admission, and then some. This years graduation was absolutely impressive with former Lieutenant Governor Duke Aiona as the keynote speaker!! I was equally impressed with ARA's alumni speaker that is a biochem major, going on to grad school at an Ivy League school. Cheers ARA!

Po Box 75357, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified American Renaissance Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
American Renaissance Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top