PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We moved our kindergartener to ARA two weeks into the public school year. I am a teacher and moved from a top rated school district in Colorado and was not content with what we were experiencing. As with any transition and decision you make as a parents, I was worried about the change of moving him to a brand new school again. I have to say that this fear was unwarranted. Kathy and her team made my family feel wanted and cared for from the get-go. They moved the process of enrolling him in as quickly as they possibly could, even working over the weekend, so he could start on the following Monday. You can tell how much pride and respect the staff and students have for each other and their school. The CEO is not just a name under the school, she is visible, present, and involved. The parents are involved and friendly, and it was very easy, not just for my son to make connections, but for myself, as well. After having only been there for a month, he became excited about reading, which isn’t his biggest strength, he is singing his letters/sounds, colors and how they’re spelled, the continents, and oceans, as well as creating his own science homework because he loves it so much. The expectations are high, but reasonable. The students are able to reach them due to the small class size, caring and innovative teachers, and ability to express themselves and show pride and ownership in their work. Not to mention the love he has discovered he has for dance thanks to Ms. Jeanne, as well as learning songs, how a piano works, and being able to play a drum kit with Mr. Lowe. Two specials every day compared to once every other week. The days are long, which is great for working parents, but they are not long and filled with babysitting and fluff activities. They are fulfilling and adding to the educational value of his school day. He thinks the days are shorter now than when he was in afterschool care, when, in fact, he is in school almost the same amount of time. I could go on and on singing ARA’s praises, but I’ll just leave it at we are trying to stay in Hawaii permanently, and a large factor in that decision is wanting to be able to continue to have our children attend ARA.

We love ARA. Our kids have been attending the last four years and couldn't be any happier! We appreciate the smaller class sizes. This allows teachers to focus on each child and give them any additional attention or help needed. No child falls through the cracks. We saw our shy daughter grow into a confident young girl. She makes friends quickly, adapts to larger group activities easily, and performing through the fabulous performing arts program in front of audiences with enthusiasm! All in such a short time! I definitely credit the school for this new found self esteem and growth which we are continuing to build on. All of our children are excelling academically, socially and loves school. We are both working parents so the longer school hours comes in handy. Kids are enrolled into after school programs on campus which eliminates shuttling them around. No homework is so great because after long work days and long school days, we get to come home and catch up at the dinner table as a family! We can't express our gratitude for ARA. This has all contributed to a true love of learning for our kids!

Best private school ever!!!! My child loves to go to school and never wants to go home. This is a first for us. With the wonderful academic environment and top notch performing arts program you get it all in one location. To top it off we get access to outstanding after school programs. Thank you ARA for making my child's as well as my husband and my life better.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is instilled in my child at ARA through National Junior Honors Society's charter. This is also learned in the classrooms through the student learner outcomes.

ARA is the worst private school on the Island! The only reason it is even open is to provide its' founders with a tax shelter. The teachers are not state certified and many do not even have teaching degrees. The cep claims to be a former physician yet there is no record of her having a medical license or medical degree in the U.S. Save your money, time, and children and stay away from ARA!!

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of my children's homework is done at school, however there is light homework or finishing up of classwork that is assigned almost daily. Occasionally they are assigned projects that are partially completed at home (science fair projects, etc).

I am a happy parent with two happy children that have been attending ARA for three academic school years. The school provides a nurturing environment where my children thrive. I especially recommend this school to those who feel their children will do best in a small class room environment. Very pleased with the school, teachers, administration, and fellow parents. It takes a village to raise a child and this school I feel, is that village.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers keep me well informed of my child's progress. Teachers are very receptive to talking to parents at anytime should there be questions regarding my child. As well, they are swift to let me know if they have concerns, in a kind and respectful manner.

Develops character: Agree

Sure kids will be kids but they all seem to come from good families with good values so I think most of the students come into this school very honest and with good integrity, the school seems to support it and promote the same.

Amount of homework: Agree

With learning lab, my child gets most of his work completed at school. Sometimes, when he was off task during the day, he would have work to bring home, but it is never too much.

Last modified American Renaissance Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12