Posted August 29, 2014
As a former teacher for many years at American Renaissance Academy I have to say that we have always been so fortunate to have a great faculty and staff. As any business or school grows you have a need to expand your faculty. I believe that the only problem we ever had was with the rapid expansion; there were a few teachers that were unfortunately hired that didn't have the mission of the school in their hearts. They clearly had their own agenda to run the school their own way. Thankfully those teachers are no longer a part of the school and ARA can get back to doing what they do best, which is educating children. All of the teachers are well qualified to be in their classrooms, and there is not a teacher that was banned from the DOE. This is just another negative and hurtful rumor that these sad individuals are trying to spread. If you are looking for a small, nurturing and loving, yet challenging school for your child, please take a look at ARA. A definite diamond in the rough.

Posted August 28, 2014
You should feel shame for posting such negative untruths! I happen to know that ARA did NOT have an open house over the summer. They were too busy with summer school. Get it straight, the other private school in Kapolei is possibly closing. Isn't this why they had over 20 teachers and their headmaster leave this summer? I don't know whats happening over there, but I do know that my grandkids love ARA! My wife and I have never seen such enthusiasm about going to school to learn!! Whatever the teachers are doing at ARA, KEEP IT UP!! My grandkids went to the other school and were academically behind when they first came to ARA; however the dedicated teachers at American Renaissance Academy quickly brought them up to above grade level. I am also very excited about the renderings I have seen for the new campus! My grandkids performed at the LCC theater with ARA and I have to tell you that it was well worth the admission, and then some. This years graduation was absolutely impressive with former Lieutenant Governor Duke Aiona as the keynote speaker!! I was equally impressed with ARA's alumni speaker that is a biochem major, going on to grad school at an Ivy League school. Cheers ARA!

Posted August 28, 2014
My husband and I made the huge mistake of taking our child to another school because we were young parents and listened to the naysayers and a few disgruntled teachers (that needed to be in public school). We regretted everyday since we left ARA. Our child actually regressed with her learning at the other private school. Thankfully we returned to ARA and our child is doing very,very well. ARA may not be for every child, family, or teacher, but IT IS THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR US! I feel good knowing that the staff and faculty truly care about my child and don't think twice about going the extra mile for her. Now that the horrible teachers have left, the school is such a wonderful place. Shame on your former disgruntled teachers. You need to get a real life and admit that you didn't have what it takes to be a real, nurturing teacher. Keep up the great work ARA; there are so many thankful families in the community that are proud to be a part of the ARA Ohana!

American Renaissance Academy 1

Posted August 28, 2014
I made the biggest mistake of sending my daughter to ARA last year. They talk a big talk to get you to enroll but everything they promise is failed to be delivered. DO NOT WASTE YOUR CHILD'S TIME, EDUCATION or YOUR MONEY! I definitely won't make a mistake like this again.

American Renaissance Academy 1

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is closing. They were still having open house over the summer but not informing anyone that they were probably not going to be around.

Posted August 11, 2014
Wow, my daughter is an athlete and I just read in an NCAA article that three of this years ARA'S graduates received both academic and athletic scholarships to major universities on the mainland! That speaks volumes for such a small school. My daughter is also a very good student in the National Honors Society, we can only hope that she will carry on this fine tradition. No matter what, you will never please everyone; isn't that why we choose private schools for our kids. We have choices! When one place isn't a good fit for you, then you move on. My family and I just love ARA and we are grateful for all they have done for our daughter. I am so pleased that the negative naysayers moved on. We feel extremely honored to be a part of this up and coming academy. Thank you ARA, keep up the good work.

Posted March 28, 2014
Best School On The West Side of Oahu! My son just love ARA. He has just changed so much for the better going to school at ARA. This school has taught my son the love of learning! Thank you teachers staff and administration.

Posted March 16, 2014
We love the school! We have children in both the upper and lower school. Our lower school teacher is IB certified and speaks three languages! My child just loves to go to school. As for my upper child is challenged and has been excelling above her grade level. She always talking about how much fun her class had at camp and how close and friendly the students are. I can say how happy we are with the administration and staff! Keep up the good work ARA.

Posted February 14, 2014
All I can say is our son is college bond! He is going to graduate this year and has received an academic scholarship from his first choice of colleges he applied to. The America Renaissance Academy has saved our family $48,000!!!! All our family can say is thank you for giving our son the opportunity to succeed. Mahalo

Posted February 14, 2014
As parents of a child that attends ARA we are so pleased with the staff and administration. Our child has improved above her grade level on both mathematics and english in the four and a half years we have been the the school. The long school days are what we are use to in the school we came from overseas. We are so happy to find such a school in our back yard. Well worth the money!

American Renaissance Academy
One Lexington Avenue, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified American Renaissance Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
American Renaissance Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top