6-9 & Ungraded
Kihei, HI

Posted April 25, 2014
My school is the best school by far, we have accomplished many fantastic goals this year. Our teachers are the best teachers ever. We love and support them. Our school has those "problems" but we control them with in school programs. Such as drug counseling,and normal counseling. This school has programs for helping many things in our school, such as gardening, Best Buddies (People who help the Special needs kids of Lokelani), impaired hearing classes, sports programs and honor rolls. Lokelani is filled with bright kids. Lokelani has many friendly faces that welcome New Students. We think bullying makes our school look bad, so we don't tolerate it. In this response to this writing, we as students hope you enroll your child. We'd love to have your child at our school. If you live in kihei this would be a convenient place to enroll your teenager. The students a Lokelani love new student and so do the teachers. I give this a:

Lokelani Intermediate School 1

Posted February 15, 2014
My name is Liliana, I go to Lokelani intermediate and I AS A STUDENT KNOW AND FEEL that this school is full of bad decisions. There are students smoking in bathrooms and the tearchers are very rude. I once asked for paperwork while a teacher was on ebay looking for dolls and she yelled at me telling me she was busy. When you enroll your child I suggest trying to enroll them into another school. I was absent alot because of health reasons such as chronic migraines and high fever which cause me to lose my hearing in my left ear and because of that I was treated lower than the other students. The teacher MRS.WALKER is by far the meanest. She would slander me in class abut my grade....when I wasn't even there. This school and the teachers are my reason for mild depression. Thank you Mrs.Walker.

Lokelani Intermediate School 4

Posted January 26, 2013
I have two Honor roll children at Lokelani now. They both are being challenged academically. The teachers that we have encountered really care for the children. The student council, sports, band, engineering, robotics & many other extracuricular activities are awesome too. We have been at this school for three years without any bulling. I would like to see more parents take the opportunities to be more involved with the school! My third child will attend Lokelani also...

Lokelani Intermediate School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
My exprience with Lokelani MS is GOOD! Like any new change growing pains were more for me rather than my child. The teachers are very open minded to trying other ideas and learning styles. Communication and partnership has been a driving force into getting the best out of my child's education. Teachers' challenge my child to the best of his skill and pushes the bar; he exceeds in many tasks and struggles but never gives up. He has been on a line of Honor Roll for 3 consecutive quarters; including last year. Administration is supportive and ready to help me with resources if they cannot provide information on campus. I am more concerned with PARENT involvement. Let's get involved PARENTS and support the programs and school; ESPECIALLY your children~The school can only be GREAT! If we have all partners on the TEAM! We won't have unwanted influences or room for bad experiences for our child. Afterschool programs like ROBOTICS and STUDENT COUNCIL not the mention Library services for student who prefer quite time. Lokelani MS also provides a pick up area for MEO to shuttle students to Kihei Youth Center-Program for students who need extended supervision with educational and recreational

Posted April 16, 2012
I have had the wonderful experience of being a teacher and now curriculum coordinator at Lokelani. Lokelani has 41 highly qualified teachers and all of them are NCLB (no child left behind) certified as well. Our academics line with Hawaii's State Standards and are currently moving towards the nation's Common Core Standards. The teachers receive professional development throughout the year within our school and also enroll in many other courses to keep their disciplines new and fresh. Our students have the opportunity to become leaders in not only their academics but in student government, STEM programs, Performing Arts, Scientific Studies and to perform in many competitions where we have sent students to the state finals in Engineering, History Day and Maui's Spelling Bee. Reputations from the past should be forgotten and people should see what is happening at our school now. We have been chosen as one of the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) State Finalist schools and are test scores are higher than the Maui average. Please feel free to come and visit. I would be happy to discuss what we have to offer your student.

Lokelani Intermediate School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
People that talk bad about this school may only be listening to what someone else experienced and because of that I myself even feared my daughter going there...It all depends on your child and your parenting, My daughter has done wonderful she gets challenged the way she needs to since shes excelled,this way shes not bored...the school has offered 3 after school programs that she is involved in for free and she loves it!!!..If our children don't experience some rough times how will they know how to deal with this big bad world...to all the comments saying the whole community knows it has a bad rep...well,you're clearly mistaken!

Lokelani Intermediate School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
Lokelani has been known as a very bad school to most of maui's residents full of bullies, racism, and most students having bad school grades, and more.

Lokelani Intermediate School 2

Posted December 05, 2011
Lokelani has a terrible reputation. I don't know who rated it four stars, but everyone in the community, especially those of us with children, know that it doesn't deserve anything close to that.

Posted April 07, 2011
I've lived in this area for years. This school does a great job, especially when you consider its high ratio of immigrant children and those with special needs. It has teachers who do a lot of after-school activities on their own time, including cultural enrichment.

Posted December 29, 2008
I love my school!! It teaches me a lot and I have felt more independent while going to this school. The teachers are helpful in many ways and teach us about standards and also to respect each other.

Lokelani Intermediate School
1401 Liloa Dr, Kihei, HI  96753
Last modified Lokelani Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lokelani Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top