Bad
Good

Kamalii Elementary School 3

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter attended this school for kindergarten and 1st grade. We live 2 minutes from this school which is why she attended here. We both loved her teachers for each grade. I think there are too many students in a classroom, but my daughter is still able to learn. There is a free tutoring program for reading that my daughter was part of this year and it has helped her immensely! They have a garden, and a variety of field trips. The grounds are kept up nicely and the playground is big. I have attended lunch with my daughter a couple of times and ate the food, which I thought was tasty and plentiful. They offer good portion sizes and there is always a salad bar. The PTA is fantastic and supplements for activities the DOE is not/will not pay for. The pick up/drop off is getting better, but I don't see it as the school staff fault-parents are not following the rules/directions which leads to bottle neck traffic. The mixed classroom (no more accelerated classes) has helped push my daughter to achieve more. We have had a very good experience with this school.

Kamalii Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
We will be pulling our children out of Kamalii this year. The new Principal is neither available nor approachable. The manner in which she discontinued the accelerated program was hurtful to the parents who enrolled their children in Kamalii specifically for the program. Unfortunately they lost many wonderful teachers last year and the ones who are left seem very frustrated and unhappy. This used to be a nice school, what is happening is too bad.

Kamalii Elementary School 4

Posted September 05, 2013
Reading previous posters' reviews, there are different experiences based on individual teachers and children. We have had kids at this school for the past three years. Our kids have had amazing teachers and it has been a good experience for our family. Our kids have learned to love to read. The school's test scores have been improving every year. As with any school - try to be involved. I've volunteered in my kids' classrooms regularly, and have been encouraged to see how much our teachers care. This school has a good PTA, too.

Posted July 25, 2012
The drop off and pick up system is terrible oh what am I saying there is no system and Mr buzz your food is awful no one like green stuff ozing out of their chicken and three day old left overs its not just the lack of teacher responsibility to get our kids to the cafeteria on time but they really don't want to eat it parents did you know in 2011 our second graders were left outside the classroom with no supervisors for twenty minutes because a long term substitute was not set when the school knew the temp sub was leaving at fell break over crowded classrooms while other classroom are filled with recess equipment make any sense we are rated one of the top schools in HI but yet transferring your student may run the risk of a hold back Mr D you certainly have your hands full this year.... Let's make a differance.

Posted February 16, 2012
Once again this schools poor negative teachers have wasted another year of my childs education. My advice to teachers, if u no longer enjoy children, quit your job!! Parents take my advice and run!!! My child will be attending kihei charter next year.

Kamalii Elementary School 5

Posted January 28, 2012
Awesome School. Uses technology, amazing teachers, they really care about the kids, nice campus, the new principle is great!

Posted July 20, 2011
This school is so terrible! I don't have the time to list all the things wrong with this school. The school grounds are very nice but besides that you will be disgusted by the behavior of the staff. If you have a problem you will feel helpless because to nothing ever changes. Make the drive to go to a private school or get a transfer to another school. It will be worth it.

Posted February 25, 2010
The Principal and Grade Level Chairs have focused on curriculum continuity in all grades this year and have succeeded. Kamali'i Elementary is also focused on technology. The school has quality networked computers and uses the most recent Apple software to teach our children the tools they need to succeed. The teachers have done an outstanding job teaching students in the 2009-2010 school year with the limited time and resources available to them.

Posted November 03, 2009
I love Kamali'i school for their quality of education & their Hawaiian culture studies and the values they teach the children.

Posted June 09, 2009
kamalii was great when it was new, and they retaied their greatteachers. Now, it is not the same New principal who seems to turn a blind eye when it comes to teacher/parent/student communication= AND discipline for trouble makers at school.Both of our children rate tops on STAR testing, are well-advanced for their years, and do well academically.But some of the teachers, AND office workers, are so off the chart they really should not even be working with the public, let alone with children.

180 Kealii Alanui, Kihei, HI  96753
Last modified Kamalii Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.