Posted November 20, 2011
My 3 year old son has been enrolled in Kihei Elementary's preschool disabled program since October 2011. He has Childhood Apraxia of Speech. We have been very happy so far with everything from the initial IEP meeting, classroom and speech therapy. The new Principal Halle Maxwell, really listened to our concerns & helped us develop the right education plan for our son. His speech therapist, Jenna Umeno, though not experienced with apraxia, has gone above & beyond in seeking additional training & working with me to help him meet his goals. His teacher, Roxanne Manuel, is very caring and keeps me informed about his daily progress.

Posted August 30, 2011
This is the first year at this school. My son is entering the 4th grade. My daughter is entering the kindergarten. My son also has some special needs and is in a special ed classroom for part of the day. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the Principal Ms. Maxwell. She is a very hands on principal. She is at the playground every morning interacting with the children. She knew my children's names within the first couple week. I was even surprised that she knew that my daughter would be changing classrooms. She has made herself very available to speak to her about any concerns I may have had. The teachers seem to be outstanding with the children as well. They teach them with respect and seem happy to be doing their job. The special ed department seems to be first rate as well. Good job Kihei Elementary !

Kihei Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2009
I have nothing but great things to say about this school!!!

Posted September 15, 2009
I love Kihei Elementary School and i know for sure you would too! Alvin Shima is the Princial at Kihei School and he only wants the best for all the students that attend the school! I know becasue he was my couselor at Baldwin! He is really dedicated! He opens the doors of all the students thats being drop off at school hes always walking around campus he's a great speaker when theres assemblies the children that go to kihei shcool loves and adores him like i said he wants the best for all students that attend kihei school! i would rank kihei school #1

Posted July 06, 2009
I am the parent of a kindergarden student who just completed the Junior K program. What an awesome experience! My son is totally ready for kinder and had such a compelling introduction to school! The Principal and V.P. were always accessible. His teacher was kind, caring, and hard working! Keep up the good work!

Posted May 19, 2009
Kihei School is great. The Principal, Vice Principal , Teachers and Staff pay close attention to the needs of the children by individual basis. They all work well together and it is obvious that they work as a team to teach the children there. I am a mother of 3 children that attend Kihei School so I am very aware of what an excellent program/curriculum Kihei School offers.

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted May 07, 2009
When my child was preschool age, I was told by many other mothers to not send my child to Kihei Elementary. Good thing I didn't listen to them. Kihei Elementary is a wonderful school with many award-winning staff and programs. I volunteer there regularly and have had a chance to see the teachers and staff at hard work to make our community a better place. I am proud to now have two children enrolled there. This school deserves a lot of respect, and a huge apology from the members of the community bent on bashing it.

Posted September 29, 2008

Kihei Elementary School 2

Posted February 05, 2006

Kihei Elementary School
250 East Lipoa St, Kihei, HI  96753
Last modified Kihei Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kihei Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top