PK-5 & Ungraded
Lahaina, HI

King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2010
I love this school. The teachers are caring, respectful, and well-qualified. I had a daughter attend for most of her elementary years. I switched her in 2nd grade from the other local elementary school, because I was very disappointed many aspects (but that's another review...). Within two months of switching she made great improvements in reading. I was amazed! By the time she left in 5th grade, she was accepted to an exclusive private school for middle school. I attended this school, as did my husband. It is old... and in need of some serious renovations, but the teachers and administration more than make up for lacking facilities. Mahalo to Mr. Franz and all the staff!

King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
The teachers and principal/staff really care about the kids and the school. They work really hard. Both of my kids have teachers who make learning fun.

King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School 3

Posted March 18, 2010
I have two children at this school and we all love it. The teachers are wonderful and the staff knows all the children by name. They feel very safe and there is no problems with discipline or bullying that I know of. Lots of aloha! The curriculum could be more challenging but the NCLB Act really put a damper on their improvement. My oldest is a 'star student' and she is constantly having to wait for others to catch up. There's not that much extracurricular activities for them to do, but they are trying with the little money they have. Furlough Fridays have definitely affected the amount of time they have to learn other things. Their main focus is reading and math but sometimes it's too much for them when they do the same things over and over. I do wish they would learn more about history and science.

King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2005
This school offers much 'aloha', with the teachers offering a caring environment for students to grow within. The facility is very old and outdated, yet there is some hope for the local gov. to do some upgrades to the classrooms. I have 2 children that attend this school, and they are happy and seem to be learning. I wouldn't say that they are extremely challenged, but it is a decent environment.

King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School
611 Front St, Lahaina, HI  96761
Last modified King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Kamehameha Iii Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top