PK-12 & Ungraded
Lanai City, HI

Lanai High & Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
With the new ownership of our island and a new principal, Lana i is going through some positive changes right now. We still have a long ways to go to catch up to the rigor that the common core standards necessitate, but I do feel we are headed in the right direction. Teaching and working at Lana i school is exciting and rewarding.

Lanai High & Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2012
Lana'i has wonderful, respectful students who don't give any trouble like in inner city schools. However, the academic rigor of the curriculum is not as high as it could be. What the school lacks, due to dwindling student enrollment and funds, the community is left to support. Despite the cutbacks and budgeting concerns, Lana'i is continuing with the construction to build more facilities for the campus.

Lanai High & Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2008
this school is not very well organized, at all. students are unfriendly and making friends is incredibly hard. i do not reccomend this school at all. hardly any sports opportunites.

Lanai High & Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2008

Lanai High & Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2006
A safe place to live and raise children. The school system leaves something to be desired. Few services and not very much money is put into the school. Personally, I would rather homeschool my child.

Lanai High & Elementary School 5

Posted July 16, 2005
Although it may be small in size and not as advances as other schools around the nation, Lanai has to be one of the proudest and most tight-knitted schools in the world. As a student there from 3rd grade to 8th grade, I made Lanai School my home. The chemistry and relationship between students and teachers is incomparable and unlike any other school. - Matt Langguth

Lanai High & Elementary School 5

Posted February 12, 2005
I used to be a student at Lanai High and Elementary School and I enjoyed it. I now go to Lahainaluna High School but at times I think of LHES and compare the two schools together. Yes, Lahainaluna has more opportunities but there are some things that LHES that were better. Like the food and the teachers. At Lana'i the class sizes are small and I had more one-on-one teacher and student attention. I learned a lot when I went there and it was great because it was like we are all one big happy family. The campus is beautiful and the school has a uniform dress code and very organized. Sometimes I wish i was back there, especially with the small class sizes.

Lanai High & Elementary School
555 Fraser Ave, Lanai City, HI  96763
Last modified Lanai High & Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lanai High & Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top