Bad
Good

This school has a bad reputation, it always has, and the reputation is well deserved. The staff does little to nothing to deal with their very serious bullying problem. The vice principal does not address these very serious matters in the timely manner that he should. The bullies just keep getting away with whatever they want and the good students have to suffer thru the laziness of the staff. Do yourself a favor and enroll your child in a school that actually stands up for kids when they are treated in a harmful and degrading manner by their peers.

As a former teacher and grandparent of five I find Kalama Intermediate to be a fine school with exceptional teachers. Every teacher my grandsons have had has given 100% of their time and efforts towards helping them be successful students. I am grateful to have such a school in our community.

My kids here were confronted with constant bullying and were Exposed to various drugs while attending this school. Many teachers here are racist - favoring those who are like them. We found that Teachers are more concerned about an inappropriate ring tone or missing book than the "D" or "F" a child has at the time. Fights break out regularly, between students and between students and teachers. When a police officer has to be stationed there daily, you know it can't be good. I pulled my older daughter out and was happy to commute an extra 30 miles a day for her not to be at this school. My younger daughter stuck it out and was much happier to be in the nearby high school.

Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School has been a great transitioning school from elementary to high school thus far for my 6th grader. All of the teachers help build each individual students character and morale. The teachers are experienced, patient and help guide every student fort heir own success.

All my sons teachers are very knowledgable and helpful to all who want to learn and some who may need a nudge.

The school gives weekly assessment of the student.

My boys have had a great, learning experience!

The principle and vice principle along with much of the staff are sincere in their efforts to see students succeed in our public school, going beyond the call of duty. I am a grateful parent!

My son has made a lot of friends there and his grades are improving!

My child loves schoo! If it weren't for the awesome staff and teachers at Kalama, his experience of Middle School would not be as memorable. Kalama Intermediate (as we call it) has exceeded my expectations. They deserve recognition and this money! The teachers have always been there for me as a parent, I really appreciate that. My son has ADD and they have been very attentive to my childs' needs. We have been blessed with 6 GREAT teachers. Money can't by happiness, but it sure would help meet the needs of all students with or with out a disablity. Thank you for the opportunity to improve our school. Mahalo Nui Loa!

Last modified Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.