6-8 & Ungraded
Makawao, HI

Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
As a former teacher and grandparent of five I find Kalama Intermediate to be a fine school with exceptional teachers. Every teacher my grandsons have had has given 100% of their time and efforts towards helping them be successful students. I am grateful to have such a school in our community.

Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
My kids here were confronted with constant bullying and were Exposed to various drugs while attending this school. Many teachers here are racist - favoring those who are like them. We found that Teachers are more concerned about an inappropriate ring tone or missing book than the "D" or "F" a child has at the time. Fights break out regularly, between students and between students and teachers. When a police officer has to be stationed there daily, you know it can't be good. I pulled my older daughter out and was happy to commute an extra 30 miles a day for her not to be at this school. My younger daughter stuck it out and was much happier to be in the nearby high school.

Posted March 31, 2013
Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School has been a great transitioning school from elementary to high school thus far for my 6th grader. All of the teachers help build each individual students character and morale. The teachers are experienced, patient and help guide every student fort heir own success.

Posted November 01, 2012
All my sons teachers are very knowledgable and helpful to all who want to learn and some who may need a nudge.

Posted November 07, 2010
The school gives weekly assessment of the student.

Posted November 01, 2010
My boys have had a great, learning experience!

Posted November 01, 2010
The principle and vice principle along with much of the staff are sincere in their efforts to see students succeed in our public school, going beyond the call of duty. I am a grateful parent!

Posted October 29, 2010
My son has made a lot of friends there and his grades are improving!

Posted October 29, 2010
My child loves schoo! If it weren't for the awesome staff and teachers at Kalama, his experience of Middle School would not be as memorable. Kalama Intermediate (as we call it) has exceeded my expectations. They deserve recognition and this money! The teachers have always been there for me as a parent, I really appreciate that. My son has ADD and they have been very attentive to my childs' needs. We have been blessed with 6 GREAT teachers. Money can't by happiness, but it sure would help meet the needs of all students with or with out a disablity. Thank you for the opportunity to improve our school. Mahalo Nui Loa!

Posted October 29, 2010
Love this school and faculty!

Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School
120 Makani Rd, Makawao, HI  96768
Last modified Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Samuel Enoka Kalama Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top