6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They pretend it doesn't even exist no matter how many times you mention it

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They'll move right on without you not even noticing

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It's pages upon pages of the same thing

The kids are snooty and mean, especially if you are not caucasian. The younger kids get picked on by the older ones, and the older boys (8-9th grade) catcall the 6th grade girls! Education is good in 6th grade but then Goes from learning and growing to mountains of homework, which is ok if you don't do anything after school, but if you do then you end up staying up until 11:00 finishing your homework! I think they put too much stress on the middle schoolers. I think they focus on the pretty campus just to make people want to go here. I would not recommend this if your kid doesn't like stress, cause that's what you'll get. Definitely not worth the outrageous fee.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter was able to be her natural leader self at Seabury. She was able to experience many different extracurricular and academic challenges She was prepared well for college and stepped into leadership in college . She now has a very successful career in engineering on the mainland. I would and do recommend Seabury as the school of choice on Maui! Thank you Seabury !

My daughter's natural abilities of leadership and academics shined through at Seabury She was well prepared for college and is a very successful engineer on the mainland. Thank you Seabury!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Uninspiring teachers who simply go through the motions. I realize it is hard to find quality educators in the islands but we are paying nearly 20k for our children to be treated like dogs. We are the customers and the teachers and administration seems to think that they have all the power!

For the last six years my children have attended Seabury Hall. I pulled my son out two years ago because we felt that the school was ill prepared to handle the needs of the average student. If you are not in the elite top of the class or the in the bottom you might as well be invisible. My husband (a well respected surgeon) and I felt that the high school might not be the best fit for our son who attended Seabury Hall for Middle School. We were talked into keeping him at Seabury during a Private Meeting with Headmaster Joseph Schmidt. Schmidt who proceeded to explain to us that he was a straight D student in High School and look what he had accomplished, then promised us that our son would be well taken care of and would succeed. Long story short our son struggled to get mediocre grades and as a result left Seabury with a horrible self image. Mean while our daughter was in sixth grade at Seabury and was doing well. She has now completed 8 th grade but had a very hard time due to our family's reputation after pulling her brother out. Our daughter finished 8th grade as the middle school president and a headmasters list student the entire three years however she was still treated horrible by the middle school principle Jaqueline Peterka and many of the teachers because our family complained about our son's experience. Bottom line if you have opinions about how your children should be educated or you question anything that the school does: grades, programs, awards, recognition ect., do not send your children to Seabury Hall! Especially if you are educated as the school administration is deeply threatened by doctors and other educated professionals. My husband has had countless physians tell him horror stories about their children's experiences at Seabury Hall. Joe Schmidt the sociopath is leaving in a week, let's hope that the new headmaster can change the school for the better. As it stands Seabury is like a beautiful woman with a hideous soul!

I didn't enjoy enrolling my son into this school. It cost me and my wife an arm and a leg and when he went there he was almost living In an imaginary world where everything was given out. When he graduated in 2007 he began to run into struggle because everything wasn't handed to him. We cut him off when he dropped out from a university in California. When he went to college he had an extremely hard time because in seabury everything was easy. He said he honestly had a harder time in the public school then he did at seabury. College prep school? Didn't do it's job. Very big waste of money. It's truly a spoiled school.

Seabury Hall was the best choice on Maui for my two sons. The strong academic program, taught by caring teachers, provided my boys with an excellent foundation for collegiate success. The camaraderie, support and sense of 'ohana they experienced on the beautiful Upcountry campus has built life-long friendships. I highly recommend Seabury Hall to prospective students who are looking for a college prep education in a setting that encourages them to explore their individuality and passions.

Last modified Seabury Hall School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12