Bad
Good

I love this school! They manage to make the experience very personable in spite of its huge size. My daughter is on a team of only 60 kids:) Teachers respond in a timely matter, and all staff care about the kids and do everything they can to create a nurturing environment. I was a tad disappointed in the rigor of the 6th grade expectations, but education is a balance between pushing the kids and caring for them; push too hard one way and you lose the other.

It's sad to say this school is overcrowded and runs on a track system. The students are out of school on intersession just about every other month for 2-3 weeks at a time making it difficult for students to retain information they learned. Also, teachers are quick to label students negatively.

My daughter attended 8th grade here. While she enjoyed the classes and the students, we never once saw the principal in the office, nor on the school grounds. We even tried to schedule meetings with her. There is no communication between the teachers and parents, and no way to check the progress of your student until progress reports are sent home. We prefer some type of online grading and email contact.

My child likes the school but unfortunately has fallen so far behind since we took him out of a small private schoo two years ago. The teachers and administrators do try but because there are too many kids there, they cannot keep up with arranging meetings in a timely manner to discuss about how we can 'save' my son from failing. Now they are talking about four tracks! As if three isn't bad enough.

Mililani's Middle Schools team approach to teaching encourages students to learn. The safe learning environment and caring teachers is a model for other middle schools on O'ahu.

Mililani Middle School is a fantastic publicly funded school that has several programs designed to engage students as well-rounded civic minded individuals. This is a school with truly dedicated administrators and staff.

I loved this school and wish my child was still attending. Unfortunately, we had to move to the mainland and though I enrolled him in the third ranking middle school in our area as far as state test results are concerned, he is learning so much less than he was at MMS. I also wanted to say that I wish average SAT scores were also shown for Hawaii schools because the HSA cannot be compared with another state's standards. It is worth noting that most Oahu public schools have pretty high average SAT scores, many in the upper 80 to upper 90 percentile for class averages. ...It would be most helpful to people who are moving especially to be able to see national standard test scores. I hope this will be included

I pulled my daughter and got a GE so I could take her to Wheeler Middle School. I am MUCH happier with her education, students and teachers.

I think that is is an exellent school that these stundents learn from

My child says, ' All the teacher are awesome.' The counselors are great they inform us on everything.

Last modified Mililani Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.