Mililani, HI
Before care: Yes

Hanalani Schools 4

Posted August 12, 2014
I am a proud parent of two girls who are attending Hanalani. It is a safe, friendly and academically challenging environment. When arriving on campus you feel as if you are at home. Everyone is very friendly, willing and wanting to help. If are looking for a Private School in the central district I highly recommend Hanalani, it is hidden treasure.

Posted July 02, 2014
My son is going into the 3rd grade at Hanalani. He has been at Hanalani since K3 and I couldn't be happier. As a parent I am part of multiple committees at the school and really like the direction the school is going in. A couple years ago I was extremely ill and ended up in the hospital. The teachers and staff came to visit me. We never asked for help, but his teacher was extremely supportive and helped him with his homework and they made accomodations for us after school as we were depending on others to pick him up since i was in the hospital. I have to say he is definitely at the right school as I don't know of any other school that is that caring. Hanalani truly cares about its students and its families. I really enjoy the ohana atmosphere. I am also an alumni of Hanalani, and I am so glad that my son can experience the same opportunites that the school gave me and more!

Posted June 26, 2014
I am a proud parent of 2 graduates of Hanalani. As of this year both my children completed their college degrees and are now pursuing their dreams. The school prepared them to be successful in college and in life beyond high school. Because of the demanding program, my kids worked hard in their studies. Teachers cared and supported my kids. They were involved in sports, and band/music. They traveled to Europe and the mainland. I am grateful for all the opportunities my children had as they received a very well rounded school experience. The other important aspect for our family was to have an education that included God. The teachers helped my children grow in their faith. It is best to say that Hanalani educated more than my kids' minds; they helped them grow as individuals, their character. Tuition is reasonable for all that the school offers. No school is perfect, but it a great school that cared about my children as individuals.

Posted June 26, 2014
I am so thankful for attending Hanalani my Junior and Senior year of high school. At first, I was a bit hesitant moving from a public school in Seattle with 400 students in my class to 33 students in my senior class. In the end, I am truly thankful for this experience. I received one on one attention from caring and Godly teachers. I gained numerous friends who became brothers and sisters in Christ. I was able to get into all the Christian colleges I applied for and ended up going to Westmont College. I improved in all my classes and especially enjoyed the small class settings. I grew in my faith through Bible classes and hearing speakers from chapel. I grew in leadership after becoming Vice President of the student body and Society president my senior year. This gave me self-confidence and the ability to speak in front of my peers. I also performed in the school play and excelled in Japanese by one of my favorite teachers. If it wasn't for Hanalani, I would not have attended Westmont which helped me pursue my calling as a missionary, teacher, and finding my identity in Christ. I highly recommend this school for future students who want to serve the Lord and grow academically.

Hanalani Schools 1

Posted June 03, 2014
I was a very involved Parent with Hanalani and I decided to pull my kids out this year. My first disappointment was the teachers coming from the mainland on a year to year contract right out of college and still lacks the teaching skills and experience. My child felt uncomfortable being Catholic at this so called" Nondenominational" Christian School from a teacher's comment to my girl. Lastly, the school Science is lacking in all parts of Evolution and Natural Science. Offering both would be the CHOICE! Their STEM Program is lacking due to their lack of Science . My poor son was confused about Dinosaurs since he was only learning that the Earth is so many years old. BJU curriculum in the Elementary is very Baptist and I hope that they will integrate other varies of curriculum(i.e "Everyday Math") to their school to accept all "Faiths". I know all schools have their differences but I wish that they would market their school as Baptist which is nothing wrong with that. Being truthful leads to no disspoinments. Misleading leads to disaster. The academics are great but the curriculum is not for my kids. I want them to be well rounded and accept Creation and Evolution.

Hanalani Schools 1

Posted June 02, 2014
Hanalani Review While the Academic standards at Hanalani are good, the curriculim is horrible. The school advertizes itself as Nondenominational - but in reality it is Fundamentalist Baptist. The Curriculum in the Elementary School (Bob Jones Univ) preaches Religious Intolerance (i.e. Mormons are Sinners etc). The School hires teachers mostly from small mainland Baptist Schools and requires them to attend Baptist Churches. The atmosphere is very Anti-Catholic, Anti-Mormon and anti anything not Baptist. The School does not teach Science - but rather Religion masquerading as Science - (i.e. "the Earth and moon are only 5000 years old" and "If you believe in Evolution you are a follower of Satan.") Every single subject in the Elementary level (Science, Math, Spelling, History etc) is infused with Baptist Dogma. The school should not call itself "NonDenominational. It is strict Baptist and the curriculum at Hanalani falls outside the mainstream Christian values. There are some excellent teachers at the School - but there are also some closed minded teachers who preach intolerance and hatred. I am removing my children from Hanalani.

Hanalani Schools 2

Posted April 13, 2014
The upper school education is absolutely horrible. With an extremely high turnover rate, the stability and quality of teaching are below average. Teachers are recruited mostly fresh out of college and from the mainland, lacking experience or a teaching degree. The courses are not challenging and the switch to e-books for critical subjects such as physics and US history are not beneficial. Only one language that extends past level 2. Natural sciences are neglected; Hanalani has hired many incompetent teachers. If you and your child desire a challenging academic experience for 7th through 12th grade, Hanalani is not the way to go. If you and your child desire a safe, mild campus, Hanalani may be the choice.

Posted March 18, 2014
Top notch early childhood education. Very pleased with their high standards of discipline and academics. I would highly recommend this school for parents who want the best education for their children!

Posted March 17, 2014
My daughter loves this school! She has learned so much and has an amazing teacher! I love when she comes home singing all the new songs she has learned or when she shows me her latest project they did in class. What a great program!

Posted March 12, 2014
Hanalani is a wonderful college prep school for pre-K through twelfth grade. It's a safe and loving environment that feels like a home away from home. My three kids have been at Hanalani for six years now and range from grade six through grade ten. We couldn't be happier, and recommend Hanalani very highly!

Hanalani Schools