Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

In reading these reviews I cant say I would agree with all this. My daughter has been attending this school since Pre-School and she loves it. All her teachers were great, yes there were times when kids get discipline and teachers raise their voices to get these students to listen but I even spoke with some of the kids and none of them said yelling. I hear more parents yelling at their kids than the teachers. If their kids are having trouble understanding then why not seek outside help there are many tutoring places that can assist. I dont believe its only teachers responsibility to educate their children but also parents. I come from a family of teachers and professors (I am not a teacher myself) but realize what it takes to have these children learn and grow. Its everyone's responsibility. There are many act ivies children can take, they even offer night classes to help parents understand what they are teaching their kids. I myself dont understand the new method of math they teach the kids, but this comes from what our government feel is best, we may not all agree buy we can also suggest what and how we want our kids to learn. The core values that are trying to be taught to kids should also be held by parents dont we want our kids to be honest, have integrity, be fair etc. Why are we expecting the teachers to do all this and we at home dont always practice. Lets be reasonable out children are most important to us, we should always do right by them and its our responsibility to do so not others. If we feel our teachers aren't doing the job dont we seek reasons as to why and find a way to help. No one is perfect but are we only going to blame or are we going to change our self and help our kids. There are times when I hear my daughter complain about something that happen at school and with a teacher but as I talk to my daughter the whole story comes out and I myself can put the picture together and realize that she also has a part in the problem, that is the part I concentrate on and work with her. Look at the overall picture and what do you want for you child and work on that. I still feel the school is a great school not perfect but still has great in it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The new Common Core standards is confusing, unorthodox and nearly impossible to pick up quickly. No wonder there's such a high special education enrollment in this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I don't see fairness, integrity or honesty being practiced here whatsoever. It would be impossible to develop these traits if the teachers and staff can't follow it themselves.

DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE!!! Only the smart students get the most attention from the teachers here, who are generally not nice people. These teachers are basically allowed to bully the kids here, without any form of consequences. The teaching methods are confusing and are based completely according to "Common Core" standards. Terrible school, terrible Principal and Terrible teachers. I would recommend transferring to Mililani Mauka if you can.

Very mean, biased teachers and staff. Terrible terrible favoritism, and put kids into special education classes way too much. I do not understand how some of these staff members keep their jobs.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can they do that if the teachers can't treat their own students fairly? That would not be possible.

Develops character: Neutral

If the teachers/staff don't have integrity, I'm not sure how they could pass it to kids.

I should give them a one-star for education because that is what they are supposed to be doing, but I'm giving an "overall" assessment. My child has Autism and ADHD and is intellectually disabled, and he was in a self-contained special education classroom. The teacher-student ratio in his classroom was good; the community activities were good; the teachers were nice.... However... my child scored "well below" on everything.. he can't read, can't write, and they denied him summer school... why? Because it wasn't about "progress" but "retention" over the school breaks, so he didn't "qualify". They found every loophole they could find in order to deny my child extra services. (He's been here for 2 years now...) And now he's going to transition to Middle School next year. The "transition" meeting was worthless... Middle school said that they don't have the services to provide Quran a "safe" school environment, and needs the Elementary to start paperwork to get him the services. Ike Elementary teachers and staff were rolling their eyes and sighing and said, "oh, well it's too late, we only have three days left, so we can't do anything." (Mentally and emotionally my child functions at a 3-year old level, and he is small for his size.. he looks like he's 8 years old (and wears size 8 clothing)).. but he's going to be integrated in with the Middle Schoolers...). Safety and education (in my opinion) are the most important thing, but not to Ike Elementary. I don't think the teachers and staff are malicious, but maybe they have too much on their plate to give the kids what they need... Not sure. (?) The after-school program is worthless for Special Ed kids. The staff are young, understaffed and underpaid. Every now and then there'd be a few "nice" staff who would look out for him, but for the most part, not. They gave him snacks against his dietary restriction numerous times (although it's in the paperwork and I've told them several times not to). Another reason I gave them a 3-star rating instead of a 1-star is because my child loved it there. The teacher did have a reward system that motivated him to stay on track. There were a few GenEd kids who took care of him. A few staff here and there would see Quran and greet him. There are many there who have the "aloha" spirit. Education is nonexistent for SpEd kids at Ike Elementary .

I have a 4th grader and a kindergartner attending this school. First of all, my children love coming to school and to me, that is the most important thing. We have had wonderful teachers such as Mrs Lee, Ms Terao, Mrs Fujimori, Mrs Powell and Mrs Matsumoto. The librarian Mrs Seatriz does a great job providing book fairs, creative family contests, Read Across America activities. The front office staff are very helpful. I see what these teachers have to go through and I really respect the hard work that they do. I think Mililani Ike is a great school!

These teachers are sooooooooooooo MEAN to these children and its allowed because the scores are high. I've been told even from the school district that thats how it is now a days, that the teachers get paid by the test scores. But I dont know why they are allowed to pretty much BULLY these poor Elementary kids. Horrible teachers and Horrible Principal!!!! Worst school EVER!

Last modified Mililani Ike Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.