PK-5 & Ungraded
Mililani, HI

Mililani Ike Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2013
These teachers are sooooooooooooo MEAN to these children and its allowed because the scores are high. I've been told even from the school district that thats how it is now a days, that the teachers get paid by the test scores. But I dont know why they are allowed to pretty much BULLY these poor Elementary kids. Horrible teachers and Horrible Principal!!!! Worst school EVER!

Posted October 27, 2013
Ike is already into Common Core and with more intense homework and schoolwork than my wife and I had. Excellent school all around for our son.

Posted July 29, 2013
As a new parent at Mililani 'Ike and the community, I have been very pleased with the overall quality of education and performance at the school. Students are challenged to be "independent thinkers." My children have excelled because the school focuses not solely on academics but on the "whole child." There are many after school programs offered(robotics, choir, orchestra, track & field, etc) at the "elementary level" and is not possible without teachers and staff "volunteering" their time to provide these opportunities to the students. I see the hard work of the teachers and try to volunteer when I am off from work. I appreciate the reasonable cost of their A+ program (sponsored by the YMCA) which is the before/after school care program. Is the school perfect, no, but like everywhere you go, there are good and bad apples. Our overall experience has been positive and we feel very grateful to be in a school that believes in "continuously getting better" and focusing on "student" achievement.

Posted June 04, 2013
As grandparents, we are deeply thankful that three of our grandchildren attend Mililani Ike School. The principal, Steve Nakasato, leads with heart. His attention to student, teacher, and staff contributions/needs make Ike a special environment where children blossom and thrive. School assemblies and May Day celebrations pulse with school pride. Children express joy about being a part of their school; their commitments to demonstrating character benchmarks and performance excellence are amazing. Continued celebration and affirmation of partnerships with parents, grandparents, significant role models, and community supports the idea that "it takes a village to raise a child". Mililani Ike is a stellar example of how a Hawaii public school excels in spite of budgetary limitations, bureaucratic red tape, decreased resource availability, staffing challenges, and sometimes stifling national and/or state "guidelines". Mahalo, Principal Nakasato, Ike teachers, and staff for creating an educational experience that sets a solid foundation for the future success of its students.

Mililani Ike Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2013
Racism toward non-asians in this school and community is not only tolerated, but condoned. My child's teacher has had weeks-worth of absences during the school year. The substitute teachers cannot adequately teach the class, yet the students are held to the standards of the primary teacher. Communication between the teacher and parents is non-existent. Notes to the teacher attached to report cards have been ignored. Instruction is poor, clearly defined expectations for assignments is poor, and Japanese as a foreign language is mandatory. Parent involvement is limited to "locals". If you are not of the proper ethnic background, expect your kids to have problems at this school.

Posted March 01, 2012
Test scores definitely are not the only thing that makes great students, which is why at 'Ike we believe in the motto, "We teach far more then we test, and we will not test what we have not taught." 'Ike offers a wide variety of opportunities for students to learn far beyond testing. Our teachers plan great parent nights, our librarian creates amazing book fair nights, and our students go on some of the best field trips that teach far beyond what we test. We also offer a wide variety of after school activities through our music and physical fitness departments, robotics, junior police officer program, and student council, to name a few. As for students sitting on hot cement, I'm sure most of us can pick on the excessive exaggeration. our students our directed outside after lunch for a maximum of 5 minutes before their lunch recess begins. It does get excessively loud in the cafeteria when students' noise levels get out of control, so as an incentive to lower their voices (not complete silence), students may earn 5 extra minutes of recess. But the incentive is not earned easily. And the pavement isn't hot...

Mililani Ike Elementary School 1

Posted February 29, 2012
This school stinks! Some of the teachers and counselors are clueless. How did they ever get their jobs? Test scores are not the only thing that make great students. Kids sit on the hot cement after school and not able to play because they were a little loud at lunch. You can voice your concerns but don't expect any good to happen from it. Administration is too busy, or your problem was not important enough for any results. Remember, these are human lives you are dealing with. Treat them with respect. So parents if you have concerns, voice them. That's the only way to get results. There, it's who you know and that the only way to get any action.

Posted September 14, 2010
Our family grows more impressed with Mililani Ike as each year passes. Parental involvment is at an all time high; the education received here is outstanding; and the school is well equiped with the means to give children the highest standard in education. The teachers care and are more than qualified. An emphasis is put on communication as well and that's important to us. My only complaint would be parking.

Mililani Ike Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2010
My children have been at Mililani 'ike for several years. We love the school staff. 'Aunty' Val in the cafeand her staff make eveyone feel welcome and start the day off on a positive note. The Office ladies treat all of the children with the upmost respect and make sure all of them are looked after. For such a large school, I give the office staff kudos!!!! I've worked in a large school and there were 6 of us working in the office and we still played catch up all the time. I totally disagree with the previous reviews. Look at the whole picture, I would say there are over 800 students, 100 staff member and all of the parents that these workers take care of!!!! GOOD GRIEF! Have you noticed, those ladies even know students by name! The children are getting a wonderful education! Wonderful job!!!

Mililani Ike Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2010
Private schools can be more selective about hiring experienced teachers. Considering that Ike has a mix of possibly less skilled teachers, it is doing very well. You must decide if your child is challenged by the academics. I've had to teach fourth grade math skills to my daughter. In 9th grade she took the SSAT, we found out that she was a year ahead in math, average in reading but below average in vocabulary. She was accepted at the private school b/c she applies herself and accepts challenges. However, not all my children are the same.

Mililani Ike Elementary School
951330 Lehiwa Dr, Mililani, HI  96789
Last modified Mililani Ike Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mililani Ike Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top