Mililani Mauka Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2014
As far as test scores go, this school is an excellent school. Unfortunately, they do not have- in general- nurturing teachers who support the emotional development of kids. There is a lot of competition between the teachers which creates a very regimented, harsh environment, and shame is a huge motivator at this school. My daughter has been there for only 1 year, but I have heard this from numerous parents. I am sure there are some exceptional teachers there, but the competitive environment wears even the best of them down. If your child is a very good student (mine is), they will do well here- although they will probably not receive the praise they are used to. If your student struggles, the extra support is there, but their self esteem may suffer significantly. Parents are also VERY involved.

Posted December 29, 2013
Excellent school. We've had a great experience here. Teacher, admin and everyone has been wonderful.

Mililani Mauka Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2013
People talk about these wonderful teachers that love their jobl? My children have had the meanest teachers that they've ever had their whole life, at this school. These teachers are rude, lacking communication with parents and are bitter.Overall Horrible environment!! Would take all three of them out if I could.

Posted August 01, 2013
The school is excellent!! The teachers definitely enjoy what they do.....they are so awesome and works so well with the kids!! The principal and VP can be a little personable and smile more but no biggie.....I'm just proud that my boys attend this school. :-)

Posted May 17, 2012
As a military family, we decided to live off post just so that our child could get a great education. Our expectations have been exceeded. Her teacher is great, and she seems to really love her job. Thanks to her help, my litte struggling reader is back on track. Office staff has always been professional, helpful, and just plain awesome. I would recommend this school to any family!

Posted November 30, 2011
Parents, your children are not there for the office staff. They are there for the education. While most people try to be friendly, it is not always possible. Some can be aloof, standoffish, or pre-occupied. Could they be nicer in the office Sure! However, be grateful that your children are receiving a great education from qualified teachers. In Hawaii, this is rare. So count your blessings!

Mililani Mauka Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2011
I don't know what the problem is. Don't know what you folks are talking about. Stop using this site as a place for your minor grudges! Focus on your childrens education!! There is two sides to a story. There is a handful who had a bad run in. But I bet you folks aren't as sweet as you folks pretend to be?? I'm here to to side with the office staff! Very organized, very helpful!! Very considerate.

Posted November 10, 2011
I have to agree with the parent below who supports the office staff. All the complaints come in spurts. One person for every spurt. Do you realize these ladies do over 200 new enrollments per year..that is only kindergarten alone!! Not counting the upper grade levels. I come from a school background. If the complaints are 4-5 to 800..you people need to check yourselves!!

Mililani Mauka Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2011
I completely agree with all the comments on the admin staff. They really do make you feel a bit uncomfortable. I have witnessed their rudeness to other parents and myself. I have heard many comments in regards to their attitude and hope that this site provides awareness as to where changes need to be made. In regards to academics this school is absolutely exceptional. My child has since graduated but I was very happy with her academic standing at this school and feel it has helped her succeed and continue to do exceptionally well in middle school.

Mililani Mauka Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2011
I thought I was the only parent that encountered the VERY UNFRIENDLY & VERY RUDE & UNHAPPY OFFICE STAFF!!! It's as if they HATE THIER JOBS!!! I myself have reported this to the district office!!! Besides that the teachers are excellent!!! TEACHERS 10+ OFFICE STAFF -0

Mililani Mauka Elementary School
951111 Makaikai St, Mililani, HI  96789
Last modified Mililani Mauka Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mililani Mauka Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top