9-12 & Ungraded
Mililani, HI
Students enrolled: 2,423

Posted June 04, 2014
This school's staff and leadership are excellent. My son has been here for 1 year- for his sophomore year. The teachers he had were amazing- I wish I could name them!

Posted May 23, 2013
I just finished my freshman year at MHS, and I am overall very impressed. I moved here to Oahu from the mainland right before school started. We chose to live in Mililani because the schools looked very good. MHS is definitely a very good high school. A new principal was called this year, and he is very involved. The old principal (also very good) became the superintendent. The teachers are all very good, friendly, and qualified with only a few bad ones here and there. The Pre-AP classes are more accelerated and rigorous than regular classes and have definitely helped me to prepare for AP classes I will be taking next year. I like how this school offers a 15 minute recess break after the first two periods so that students can have a break from their work. I am not involved with athletics but MHS has a very good sports program. The students are overall very friendly and I never had a bad encounter with another student. I was very impressed with my first year at MHS and I look forward to returning next year.

Posted March 31, 2013
My daughter attends MHS and the honors and AP program is excellent. The regular classes are not challenging, but overall her experience has been good. She is also in JROTC, this is the first year that they have JROTC and she is learning A LOT in this program. I recommend this school.

Mililani High School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
We moved to Mililani specifically because of this school's rating as the best in the state. We have been here two years and cannot wait to LEAVE! This school is horrible. The teachers couldn't care less about the quality of their instruction. Everything is "group project", in which one or two students do everything, rest do nothing, and yet they all get the same grade. The teachers are not held accountable. We have gone twice with no response either time. First time was over a teacher who taught by throwing a video in every day and telling the kids if they had any questions, to read their books. The kids were all failing and I finally raised so much grief that the counselor transferred my kid to another teacher. Second, a science teacher threw fits, called the kids "incompetent" and other names, kicked lockers in frustration and broke glass beakers on the floor because he didn't like kids wearing open toe shoes. Despite all this, kids are pushed through the grades without basic skills to get them into college. DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE!!!

Posted November 07, 2011
Best public high school you will find on Oahu, hands down. Students (and teachers) are held to a higher standard than in most DOE schools.

Posted September 25, 2011
The school is very good at teaching the students what they need for their future and making sure that they pass all of their classes. They punish their students properly by detention such as cleaning up the campus or a teacher's classroom. Only a very small select few of teachers are considered unbearable. Otherwise all of the other teachers are excellent. The school also has a class almost every wednesday that helps us students get ready for life beyond high school.

Mililani High School 4

Posted August 20, 2011
My son attended his freshman year as a Trojan, and I was very happy with Mililani High School. If it was not for a military move I would have loved to have my son finish high school as a Trojan!

Posted June 20, 2011
Coming from the mainland, we were worried about the reputation of Hawaii public schools. However, we are impressed with Mililani High school. Our daughter is very involved in the music program at MHS. The music instructors are very hard-working and dedicate many extra hours to the programs. The honors/AP classes have been appropriately challenging. The principal is great. He returns calls within a day and gets results. He pushes ALL students to work to their potential. Although we have no experience with the athletic programs, we would recommend this high school to any parent looking for a good, solid education. This school is just as good as any private high school on the island.

Posted September 14, 2010
The review is not intended to be directed toward the students attitude. That comes from the teaching at home. The review is intended to be about the school. The school itself is where one receives their education. I believe my child is receiving a great education here in MHS. That is what is most important. Parents are more involved here and the teachers are not only qualified but care about their students.

Mililani High School 1

Posted October 19, 2009

Mililani High School
951200 Meheula Parkway, Mililani, HI  96789
Last modified Mililani High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mililani High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top