PK-6 & Ungraded
Pahoa, HI

Keonepoko Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2013
My kids have been attending Keonepoko since 2011-2013 (2years) I have three that will be attending third grade , second grade & kindergarten for 2013-2014 school year . The teachers my kids got were really there for the kids, they do the best they can. I would suggest if your worried to go in and check with thevteacher offer to volunteer in your child's classroom if you can so that you can see for yourself what is going on. My kids enjoyed their Teacher's they had over the last 2 years. I would visit often just to chat with the teachers or staff o see how my kids are doing I only here good things. My kids got certificates and Notes sent home saying how they are a good helper, listener, and so on, I'm going to miss Mrs V. Nakamura and Mr. Haring , I hope my younger kids will have them in a couple years. I would love it if the school had more parent involvement kids this age love it when they see they have support from parents and teachers.

Posted January 16, 2013
lBoth grandchildren attend and I don't know too much about it. I am seaching for for your yearly school calendar. please advise where to find it.

Keonepoko Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2012
Which involves running around the class room , throwing of chairs . and disrespecting there peers Sad to see the youth growing up to be a complete menics to society This school is rated by others with five stars . look good , however keep in mind these rastings are probaly buy parents who never lived anywere but on the island or a island . The tutors are the best thing walking there. if you have to send your child to a public school drive to Hilo. It will be worth it for

Posted September 25, 2010
Because this school has great teachers.

Keonepoko Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
the kids are very eager to learn past what they are expected to know

Posted March 28, 2009
My sixth grader loves this school! she never gets into anny trouble. They have wonderful teachers and tutors

Posted June 14, 2008
My daughter goes to the school and she loves it! She just recently got awards from her teachers for being a good student and she said that it feels 'nice' to feel so loved at the school.

Keonepoko Elementary School 0

Posted January 09, 2008
My son has been at this school since 1st grade and he loves it. He's had great teachers so far.

Posted January 29, 2007
We have three kids at this school. They love it! The teachers really care about the kids. The office staff has been very disappointing, however. They lost my one of my children's health records twice (even though all three were together).

Posted October 30, 2004
I have twin great-granddaughters attending this school. They seem to really enjoy school. I've heard great things about how the teachers interact with their students. There doesn't seem to be alot of parent participation or activities for parents to participate in. Hopefully, this will change. I'd like to see more parent workshops and activities that both the parents and students can participate in.

Keonepoko Elementary School
15890 Kahakai Blvd, Pahoa, HI  96778
Last modified Keonepoko Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keonepoko Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top