Posted January 29, 2014
This school is great for any student. It has absolutely no tolerance for bullying which is why I love Hawaii Academy of Arts and Sciences. Student's are very respectful and they have the drive to learn and be educated. Teachers are also very caring and are dedicated to providing the best learning platform for their students. With a wide range of ethnicity's, HAAS is a great place for your child to meet kind and caring friends. The Elementary-Intermediate classes are advanced but "easy" (for lack of a better term) and the high school has many great opportunities. Having attended this school myself I can say that the electives they have are quite amazing! They have high school electives such as Jewelry (I mean real metal jewelry), Surfing (swimming lessons provided before they actually surf), Team Sports, Yoga, Robotics, French, Japanese, Yearbook, Hula, Tahitian the list really goes on and this school cannot receive enough praise. Four words: SEND YOUR CHILD HERE! You won't regret it.

Posted December 07, 2013
I am a proud student of Hawaii Academy of Arts and Science and I loved my school very much! I first started when got into Hui Malama (a small branch of HAAS) in seventh grade and I learned so much about teamwork and I really enjoyed the project based learning! Every week we would take water tests and at the end of the year we would graph our results. It was very interesting and exciting to see the difference in PH levels, Salinity and Dissolved oxygen of different ocean areas. Hui malma helped me realize what truly matters. I am so grateful to have gone to this program and I was fully prepared for high school at HAAS main Campus. I really like high school as well because you can always challenge yourself by sighing up for AP classes, HAAS has a friendly safe learning environment, teachers work very hard to help you learn, we now have growing variety of sports, students can sign up for a wide variety of electives but most of all though I really like that at this school everyone is friendly, kind and accepting of other their peers.

Posted February 21, 2013
My son started here when it was fairly new. In the four years he attend until his graduation it grew substantially. Although it has been a few years since his graduation, and I no longer live in Hawaii to see what the school has become, I can say it was a once in a life time experience for him. My son still lives in Hawaii and still has great friends he made here. I am grateful we had a chance to send him to this school rather than a public one if only because of the more one on one experience. We had a chance to get to know the teachers and principle on a personal level and my son always enjoyed going to school. I couldn't have asked for a better four year experience for him and I'm happy to write a review for them. Hawaii in itself is unique and the Hawaii Academy of Arts & Science is a school that provides a one of a kind learning experience found no where else in the states. I am happy my son was able to attend and I hope your child has a chance to as well. I highly encourage you to consider them.

Posted June 06, 2012
awesome you should send your kids here best school around if you want your kids to learn and become something then i would reccommend this school.

Hawaii Academy Of Arts & Science Public Charter School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
My kids enjoy this school very much. The kids are great, the staff is exceptional. It is a kind, loving environment where children can grow and discover what there passion is. Happy Parent here!

Posted April 23, 2010
HAAS provides a well rounded education that focuses on the diversity of the learner. It has small class sizes and teachers/supporters that are willing to go the extra 10 miles for the students and the community.

Posted April 22, 2010
Before moving to Hawaii, our #1 priority was finding the best school for our son, & we found it with HAAS. The teachers truly care and are invested in seeing the children succeed and grow at their own pace with love and encouragement. We are really blessed that we found them!

Posted April 22, 2010
Haas offers a lot of variety to its students from on campus programs, to a variety of local neighborhood options, to homeschool, and even online program. I appreciate the close relationship the students have with their teachers.

Posted April 19, 2010
Because this school have great teachers, staff, and the students are cared for as respectable human beings.

Posted April 16, 2010
HAAS is innovative and student oriented. They have been progressive and taken on the system to become one of Hawaii's top charter schools. They embrace the home-schoolers and small community groups under their umbrella. They also encourage students and their expression of talent with regular parent evenings filled with performances.

Hawaii Academy Of Arts & Science Public Charter School
151397 Homestead Rd, Pahoa, HI  96778
Last modified Hawaii Academy Of Arts & Science Public Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawaii Academy Of Arts & Science Public Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top