Bad
Good

Manana is an average elementary school. Some teachers lack in sensitivity and student needs, and the Principal, Mr. Loo is disengenuous.

Manana is an excellent school filled with great teacher's and activity's. Manana has an excellent chorus where the kids get to perform all over the island from the HNl airport to Hawaii Prince hotel.

Principal is doing very well. Manana has moved up in test scores while still teaching art and music. The A+ program has too much yelling and punishment of all kids when only a few are a problem. Sitting in the dark is not going to get their homework done. This A+ needs more structure and less yelling.

I have been so disappointed by this school time and time again. The principal and teachers are so ineffective when it comes to helping students with special needs. Instead of helping me with my child, they tell me to go to another school who can provide adequate care. What kind of school is that? I'm appalled that this kind of treatment is going on today. Does this school really care about helping students? I don't think so.

Wow I'm surprised at the ratings. My children atttended Manana and it is by far nothing like it is portrayed by previous reviews. On top of it all the principle of the school is the worst principle Manana has ever had. I went to this school when I was younger and have never experienced a principle who is more concered about politics then the issues in school. The most rediculous thing he has done to date is waste school funding to build a fence that was not needed. The school property has been like that for over 20 years and was fine. Couldn't he have used that money for the students?

In a time where many schools are feeling pressured to 'teach to the test,' Manana still values non-core subjects such as music, PE, art, and science. I was so relieved to hear our principal say, 'Our priority is not to teach our children to be successful students in school, but to teach them to be successful human beings when they get out of school.' I could not have said it better myself.

Great School... Great Student, Teacher, Parent relationship! Very patient and respectful to our children!

Outstanding music teacher who magically instills the love of music and learning into the entire student body. School environment is calm, safe, and welcoming. Students are well-behaved, well-mannered, and seem to enjoy being in school. Faculty and staff are very warm and friendly which makes the school a nurturing place to learn and play. My children love to go to school and can't wait to return after a break. The teachers that my children have had are outstanding; they make learning fun yet challenging, they are caring and make each child feel special and important. I am so glad that I chose to send my children to Manana Elementary.

Great school! Great teachers! Great office staff! One on one attention! Great communication! Highly recommended!

Last modified Manana Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.