Posted August 26, 2014
I'm sooo glad I moved my child to this school, it is the best school. The teachers and staff are very nice and caring about the students. The principal is the best, to all the military families bring your kids here to Lehua, you won't regret it.

Posted May 21, 2014
Lehua Elementary School is awesome. My son has been enrolled for 1.5 years now and we love it. Both of his teachers have been amazing and have really helped him come out of his shell. The new principal has also been a welcoming change to the school. There are a few things that I would like changed but they are items that would not be easy and would take years so even be considered by the DOE. Overall the school is great and I couldn't imagine having my son at a different school.

Posted August 02, 2013
I was very surprised and somewhat disappointed to learn that GreatSchools considers Lehua to be the worst elementary school in Pearl City. The reality is that it is THE BEST, yet it is underrated simply because it has the most challenging issues to deal with and therefore does not get the high standardized test scores that other schools in the area do. There is a reason that this is the only Lighthouse School in Hawaii, why it is a magnet for students island-wide when it comes to STEM education, and why so many families are absolutely thrilled with the teachers, admin, and staff. As a parent in a military family that moves often, I cannot say how much I appreciate all that has been done for my children by the school. My son and daughter were both greatly inspired by their homeroom teachers and especially by the "Engineering Club" (as far as I know, no other school in the area has this). After we moved to California, my kids were AHEAD and are now EXCELLING IN EVERY SUBJECT. Before you make any final decisions about what school your child will attend, be sure to go check this one out and see for yourself how outstanding it truly is.

Posted April 16, 2012
My experience in this past 3 years at Lehua have been exceptional. When my kids first moved here they had a really hard time adjusting. Half of the admin. staff was out there everyday helping me deal with this situation. They stuck by me for weeks until the waters calmed, never tossed me to the side because they were too busy. The staff did many after hour meetings with me to help guide and boost my son's academic success. I'm greatful for the staff who never quit caring, the counselor's for their great abilities with kids, and for the principle who always made the time.

Posted March 22, 2012
If I could give this school a zero I probably would! My child has been a student here for nearly two years, and this will be the last year of attendance because this school is absolutely horrible. First let me warn military families that move to this area. The teachers and staff are non caring and this includes the principal. We have had a horrible experience in this school. There is a lot of hate towards military families here but at this school in general. The kids are basically allowed to do whatever they wish without any supervision or discipline what so ever. Bullying is out of control and it literally has to become life threating before the staff do anything about it. My child has been to several different schools as a result of being a military child, she is in the 6th grade and learning stuff that she learnt in 3rd grade in the mainland. There is a lack of leadership from the teachers and principal as well!!! I do highly recommend that if you have your child's safety and your child's education in your best interest that you take them somewhere else or you homeschool them. We have recieved notes home about guns, drugs, and fights that have taken place on campus!

Posted February 21, 2012
Sounds like the last parent had a difficult situation - sorry to hear. My experience hasn't been like that for my child. The Princpal is strict but it's in the best interest for all the students and she expects them to follow the school rules. The school has a wonderful program, The Leader in Me, and promotes leadership with all students. They put on Leadership days for special guests (beginning of year) and parents (at the end of the year). The school is next to a park that the older children use for recess but teachers are on the playground with the children. They also have the library and technology lab open at recess for the students to use. Another group is the Campus Beautification that students volunteer during recess to help around campus. I hope that parents try it out before making any judgements based on just what's written.

Posted August 24, 2011
Worst School Ever!! The Principal is harsh and strict and unwilling to address the needs of individual students. We disagreed with her regarding punishment of my child, so she suspended him right then and there. We have fought with this school for equality in education, but it is a cookie-cutter school. The playground is littered with cigarette butts and there is little to no supervision of the children. My son left the school in the middle of the day and called us at home to ask if we had seen him. How was this allowed to even happen! Who is watching my kid!!

Posted May 03, 2011
This is not a good school. Last year, there was an incident due to inadequate supervision. When we showed up to pick up our kids, there were cops at the school. There was no explanation from the school at first, and I heard about the incident 3rd hand. We did not get a note home about the incident until several days later. Also, the safety for the students at this school is terrible! This is a bad neighborhood that surrounds the school and there is no security whatsoever, and kindergartens are allowed to walk by themselves to and from the office, on an open campus. The principal is very unfriendly and harsh, and tried to intimidate my friend who was seeking a Geographical Exception to another school (I guess she didn't like that). DO NOT enroll your students at this school, seek a Geographical Exception to another school.

Posted April 17, 2011
This school disgusts me! From homeless people living on the playground to a naked man walking in front of the campus while there were children at recess. Complaints to the administration are brushed off and the parents are simply told "there is nothing we can do.." It seems that the safety of the students is at the bottom of Lehua's priority list. There is no AC in half of the classrooms, the children come home from school covered in mosquito bites in the midst of a Degue Fever alert. Children eat their lunch in a cafeteria swarming with flies. It's sad that the state of Hawaii does not put proper funding into public education and Lehua Elementary is a prime example. I will not allow my child to return next year! Homeschool your children before enrolling them at Lehua Elementary!

Posted March 15, 2011
Outstanding school! My 2 boys are attending and they have both displayed increased knowledge and interest in most everything. Oldest son attended K and is in 1st, younger son attending K. The current Principal is awesome and caring - she always makes time to listen and has provided unique insights into a child psyche. The K teachers are without a doubt exceptional! I love the extra activities I have been able to participate in because it is personally rewarding to be involved with my children s learning. Some of those activities included: Star Assemblies, field trips, art & crafts, reading adventures, book fairs and classroom visits (there's so much more). Being involved is the key to success and enabling your child to be better learners, and I feel that Lehua Elementary is one of those promising places that make this possible through their caring nature and 'Habits of Success'.

Lehua Elementary School
791 Lehua Ave, Pearl City, HI  96782
Last modified Lehua Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lehua Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top