Posted July 12, 2012
God's love shines through in this school. Each and every staff member - teachers, office clerks, maintenance, administrators, security guard - knows each child by name. My son has attended for the past 6 years and my daughter for 3 years. They have thrived academically, socially, and spiritually because it is truly a family setting where love and compassion are evident in each staff member. The Administration provides strong and supportive leadership.

Posted April 26, 2012
I have send my child at this school she Is at preschool. And the only thing I can say is I LOVE THIS school!!! The teachers are amazing, the school and staff are wonderful!!! We're moving this year I'm so sad to leave this school. My daughter love it. Please consider this school for your child. You will not regret it!!

Posted August 11, 2010
I have sent both my children to TCH (preschool). I have been very pleased with the results that I see in my children; academically, socially, behaviorly, and morally. My older child was able to read and add to the thousands with carry over by the time he left. My second child is currently there and I hope to see big things from her as well by the end of the year. The whole staff at TCH are wonderful. Most of them know my daughter's name and still remember my son. I feel that this is the best preschool to prepare children for kindergarten.

Posted May 12, 2010
TCH has a knowledgeable staff that communicates well with parents. My child is in preschool and loves going. Mr. Los Banos is an asset to the school as the principal and works hard on helping the children with their education and behavioral needs. The staff is friendly and my child begins each day with a hug and ends each day with a hug.

The Children's House 0

Posted February 17, 2010
I agree with lots of comments out there. I've had my daughter attend TCH since age 3 and is still currently enrolled. I am happy with the fact that she can read, write, sing and do other types of work (I am not familiar with some of their study acronyms). I was a little worried when she did have numerous teacher changes in the beginning. It was hard for her as a preschooler to adjust and to have teachers disappear for unknown reasons and this happened more than once! The shuffling of administration makes me wonder and I'm not sure if its worth $10000 for elementary school. Some children needs more structure than the more lenient Montossori method. My daughter needs to tackle a little more challenging subjects as she tends to go for the easy ones. I'm not sure how you can do that by just smiling and say 'try'

Posted January 26, 2010
I am extremely happy with my son''s education (preschool) and feel that I am getting more than my money's worth. As a teacher I see the strong foundation that is being set at this early age. At four, my son can read, and is working on place value to the thousands. At the same time he is able to fold clothes and do arts and crafts. There is a nice blend of academics, the arts, and practical life experiences. Perhaps more importantly my son is surrounded by loving teachers. He starts and ends the days with hugs and well wishes. The faculty (even the principal) greets him by name. I'm so glad that I chose this school for my child.

The Children's House 1

Posted January 05, 2009

Posted December 17, 2008
I am very happy with our experience with TCH thus far. My son has been with the school for approximately 4 months now and he can do exactly the same as the earlier post on November 16th. Communication with the staff has been excellent - as a matter of fact, I speak with the teacher every afternoon for about 5 - 10 minutes to discuss his day and areas he is showing progress or needs to work upon. My son is extremely happy to go to school each morning and is greeted with lots of hugs and smiles. I have to admit that the montessori method of learning is not everyone - so I suggest observing your child and see if they do better with free or structured learning. Only you as a parent will know what is best. But I truly feel I am getting my monies worth.

The Children's House 1

Posted November 21, 2008
Children's House is a well-maintained and attractive school. The staff are pleasant and friendly. Really the nicest group of teachers you would like to meet. However, I am not sure I will be keeping my son there for very long. After parent-teacher conferencing my suspicions that he is not getting the education I am paying for was confirmed. There continues to be many staffing changes and classroom routine changes. I am concerned that there is little consistency. Moreover, there does not seem to be continuity between the grade levels. I seriously question the capability of the administration to properly manage the school. It is too top-heavy with a President, Vice President, Principal, and Vice Principal given that it is a small school.

Posted November 16, 2008
Within one month, my 3 year old son has learned the following: Count and recognize numbers 1 - 10; Say the Pledge of Allegiance accurately; Sing God Bless America accurately; Knows his shapes including the pentagon, octagon, etc.; Pray the Lords Prayer, know how the sounds and recognize various letters. I am very pleased and cant wait to see what 6 months in TCH will do for him.

The Children's House