Wahiawa Middle School

Public | 6-8 & ungraded

Posted November 18, 2013

I am a student that goes to this school. I have been bullied, stole from, harassed, picked on, put down, and when I told the counselor she didn't do ANYTHING!! I am in 7th grade. I have had so much drama and so low grades that I was almost gonna fail my grade. In elementary I have been all A's and B's (ME'S & MP'S). Some of the teachers are a bunch of bullies too!! The activities are sometimes good, but when I would try out for volleyball they wouldn't let me in because of my height and favoritism from the teachers. Ever since 6th grade I have had drama from other kids from different schools. Sure, sometimes I would say things back, but I know what I did wrong. Some other kids don't know how to admit that. In 6th grade for 1st quarter grades I got four A's and one C and an S. My 7th grade 1st quarter grades were four C's and two D's. You see the difference?? THIS IS FOR ALL PARENTS OUT THERE: I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOUR CHILD GOING TO THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT THEM TO GO THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOUR KIDS IS PERFECT, IF YOU SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL THEY WON'T BE FOR LONG!! I would rate this school 1/5 stars. I'm sorry but this is just the way I feel.

Posted July 13, 2013

Its really ashame that the children go to this school to learn actually can't. They have so much drama and the administration can't control it or even stop it. The head of the school is a joke. My child has been tormented, bullied, stole from, kicked while standing in line for lunch, slapped in the head by another student even with the adults their they did nothing. The more my child with wittnesses report it the admin the more they are ignored and they are questioned as being the perpatraitors. VP are only ones that listens, and try to help out in getting the drama to stop. The teachers turn their heads some seem to be afraid of the kids. Forget the principal. Being a parent trying to get answers forget that.. Wish I could send my children to another school that's not a public school. Born and raised in Wahiawa love it the wheather and its so country but Wahiawa middle school is not a 5 star school more like half a star if at all.

Posted December 20, 2012

Most teachers work really hard at this school and care about the kids. It's what the state is doing to the teachers is what's the problem. Worth what they have to work with (drug parents, grandparents raising children, low economic community, etc), they are doing a fine job. Many military come and already have bad tastes in their mouths from talk around base. Teachers work hard at this school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 27, 2012

I am very pleased with the way the teachers hold my son accountable for missing assignments. It has been a challenge transitioning from Elementary school where evrything is taught by 1 teacher. At times my son has been overwhelmed by keeping up with turning in assignments for all classes on time. I really appreciate the phone calls from teachers when this happens. It helps me know what is going on and how I can support him better.

Posted March 12, 2010

I rate this school as excellent because i go here &nd we have many multi cultrual days.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 14, 2006

I went to this school for 6th grade and I had only one teacher that was persistent in classroom expectations. The teachers are all caring but have an impossible job trying to keep the students under control. If you have the choice send you child to public school, this is way better for their education.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 7, 2004

Overall this school has been a big disappointment. The teachers have little control over the students. The pace of learning is so slow that more advanced students quickly lose interest. The few extracurricular activities they offered in the past are now gone. This school is going downhill quickly and there seems to be no signs of improvement. The many promises made at the start of the school year have remained unfufilled.

Posted January 17, 2004

I have been very disappointed with this school. My child has dropped from a gifted and talented child to a c student over a year's time. There is no discipline in the class rooms and teachers making comments of being babysitters. New Principal this year and still waiting to see the changes. Police are still called to the school all the time and still on going fighting that takes away from the learning enviroment from the kids that want to learn. If there is anther school you could send your child to I would.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

260 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Hawaii used the Hawaii State Assessment (HSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 in reading and math, and grade 10 in biology. The HSA is a standards-based test that measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Hawaii. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

300 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

258 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

257 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 29% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 40% 34%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 64%N/A49%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now