Posted October 13, 2014
My kids goes to this school it has a awesome program for student studies and great reading program I am really happy with everything about this school everyone is so nice and helpful.. from the office staff to the teachers.. they are a really big school but still have that aloha spirit! I know some of the comments i read on here are really harsh but I have nothing but good things to say about this school... I have been in the office before where I have seen with on own eyes some of these parents come in and act so rude and disrespectful, also demanding..I know that this school is on a army base.. but me as a army wife i think we should be representing our husbands and for us as army wives to do that is just not right..but yet the ladies in the office handle it with the a smile and help them anyway possible... now that is what i call service! I love this school teachers, staff, and principals! my kids take a lot of pride in this school he loves being a lion of Solomon!

Posted September 08, 2014
Good luck getting any help with an IEP/504 plan. The principal will not only fight you on requesting one, but will not even know the difference between the two forms. My son is in second grade and is repeating the same curriculum as last year at the same school. His spelling words are 3-4 letter words, and there is no consistency with academia. I will be joining the growing population of homeschoolers due to the horrible conduct at this school. DO NOT expect any help with any of your special needs kids...especially if they have high-functioning autism. We were told "we don't do anything unless they are failing." They don't follow Section 504 rights, and will blame you for not doing enough for your child, even after you have repeatedly asked for the evaluation process. Teachers don't inform parents of expectations or all assignments, and the kids get punished regardless. Overall horrible communication between the school and parents, despite emails, calls, etc. Either get a geographical exception or homeschool: Hawaii is ridiculously lax on homeschool constraints: do your child a favor and teach them yourself!

Posted July 19, 2014
My son attended 4th grade here and it was a wonderful experience. He had two teachers that co-taught and both were excellent. They also had a couple of class helpers that were very encouraging and helpful, my son talked about a Mr. Ray a lot. Both had to take leave, one paternity and one maternity but because there were two they didn't skip a beat, and communicated through email with parents effectively. The teachers emphasized the right things appropriately, we came from a school in Kansas that I believe, over-emphasized SFA. On top of that, my son got to participate in Hawaiiana studies that included native fruits and vegetables they got to try every week, but songs, hula, and fieldtrips to a camp that taught the kids about being stewards of the land, and a taro farm. The principal is highly involved and grew up military so she understands our kids needs. I could go on and on. I would have to agree that SOME not all office staff could be friendlier, but you can't judge a whole school by that. Also there are two older men that serve as crossing guards and light security that are great and teach the older kids to perform these duties.

Posted February 11, 2013
HORRIBLE,RUDE,SELF-CENTERED OFFICE STAFF. M SON WENT HERE FOR 1 YEAR AND I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN THEY DID THE GEOGRAPICAL EXCEPTION AND NOW ATTENDS A REALLY AWSOME SCHOOL(HALE kULA)I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN OFFICE STAFF THIS RUDE AND IT GOES TO SHOW THE PRINCIPLE DONT EVEN CARE.I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THEM. HALE KULA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! SOLOMEN NOT!!!!!!!!!! MATTER OF FACT SOLOMEN DONT EVEN DESERVE A RATING OF ONE. ITS THE OFFICE STAFF THAT MAKES THEM HAVE BAD RATINGS

Posted August 28, 2012
My kids attended this awful school for way to long 3 years.You might get smaller class size but its cause most folks assigned to this school decide to homeschool instead of sending their kid to this school!This school has horrible staff that needs desperate training on manners & how to speak to parents.If have IEP/504, it gets worse.There's no team with IEPs at this school. It's more like school versus parents.Very few folks that are happy with this school have no IEP/504 so if you're one of the parents that will need IEP/504, get ready for major headaches w/ this school.Also research test scores & you will find the education is lacking.There's some nice teachers that work there but they can only do so much when told to teach a poor curriculum.Have met teachers & other staff on a personal level & some have said to me they've quit working there cause office staff tells them to advise parents that kid is doing well when is clearly not the case, that way the school can avoid extra costs on student."Local" teachers are given option to enroll their kid under a G.E. but refuse to enroll their own kid at this school!Nearby professionals &schools heard bad stories of this school themselves

Posted July 18, 2012
My daughter went to first grade here last year and will continue for a couple more years. The education here is phenomenal now. The teacher she had was absolutely wonderful and I am a university graduate and I can tell if my kids are gettting a good education or not. The classes are small and the teachers are motivating. My friends with kids on mainland the same age as my daughter are not as advanced as what she has been learning here, and yes I was skeptical when we moved here thinking the education was going to be horrible. Totally happy with this school, will always continue monitoring her education but so far so GOOD.

Posted November 01, 2010
Awful school. Should replace all office staff with people who enjoy working. Communication leaves much to be desired. Teachers on the other hand are alright.

Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2010
My daughter is at this school and has been for over a year. I won't say the school is bad because the entire education system here is behind unless you put your child in private school. This school is exemplary on within this islands education system. I monitor my child's learning there and supplement it so she won't be that far behind when we rtn to the mainland. If you can afford private school I would recommend it.

Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2010

Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2010
This school is doing fine. They have a wonderful support system for the families of deployed soldiers and they support the troops. This is not a DOD school so it is different from what you may be use to but has a state run school, they offer classes for any state staff who aren't familiare with the military to get acquainted with the traditions and hardships that the families and especially the children have to deal with. Get involved if you are unhappy. Become a volunteer so you can see for yourself what goes on. There is no way you can leave a comment like that if you could see what goes on during the day. If you are that unhappy, maybe homeschooling your child/children is the way to go. It takes a village to raise a child not just an elementary school.

Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School
2875 Waianae Uka Avenue, Wahiawa, HI  96786
Last modified Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sergeant Samuel K Solomon Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top