PK-5 & Ungraded
Wahiawa, HI

Kaala Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2013
Who is this teacher that wrote the children are "well behaved"? Do they really teach at Kaala because if they did then they would know that this statement is false. if the children are so well behaved then why do a lot of the teachers have to BRIBE their students with rewards in order for them to be quiet and pay attention?! Or, YELL at the students to do what they want them to do?! During school assemblies, the vice principal has to constantly remind the students to be quiet and pay attention. And the students' behavior is even worse when they're having lunch in the cafeteria: they're screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs and not listening to what they're supposed to do. I visited classrooms in kindergarten and first grade where a lot of the kids were out of control: yelling at the top of their lungs and running around the classroom as if it was a playground. The teachers just ignored them probably because they're used to them. And the new principal is of no help. You ask him for support and he gives you basically nothing in return. Don't let this teacher fool you into thinking Kaala is such a wonderful school to send your children because it is NOT.

Kaala Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2013
Ka'ala Elementary has experienced tremendous growth over the past 12 years. The curriculum is streamlined and emphasizes thinking and problem solving. The children are eager to learn and well behaved and the parents really want their children to be successful. Come with a heart and commitment to inspire and promote growth.

Kaala Elementary School 5

Posted December 20, 2009
We love Kaala school. Our experience with the teachers and staff has been positive. Our child came from a very challenging background. Kaala's commitment to raising educational standards and holding students responsible for excellence have made the difference. Thanks for all the hard work.

Kaala Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2009
Currently Ka'ala is one of the few schools in the Leilehua Complex that has made AYP status. Ka'ala has made tremendous gains in both reading and math. The University of Chicago and the publishers of the Everyday Math Program has acknowledged the school's outstanding accomplishments.

Kaala Elementary School 0

Posted July 23, 2009
This is not a happy place for most teachers to be : overall poor leadership, and lack of classroom support - sends too many good teachers fleeing. A change in administration , and weeding of unmotivated instructors and staff -could begin to make this a school on the upswing

Posted December 08, 2007

Posted September 01, 2005
The quality of Kaalas academic programs isnt that great.Your childs learning all comes down to how good of a teacher they have luckly for me we had a good teachers. when we had a bad one I pulled my kid out of school until she was which. we have moved off island and my daugther started kindergarden there and she did great the whole time there, but now here in New York there standards are much higher then Hawaii and the only ones who really suffer are the kids.I felt alot of times that we didnt get what we needed at KaAla and i am gald to be gone.

Kaala Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2005
Kaala has an excelent reading program. But my son started saying it was boring. Some students learn faster than other students and the teachers don't recognize it. Don't get me wrong, SFA is a GREAT Program. Two of my children read at a higher grade level. my son in the 5th grade reads at the 8th grade level and my son in the 1st grade reads at the 4th grade level. My son read the newspaper and reads it. The parent/child projects are fun to. but more parents need to participate and support the teachers and students. over all. I would recommend kaala school.

Posted January 28, 2005
my daugther has attended this school for 3 years (k-2). i find that the academic programs is about a 1.5 grade behind the mainland states. with us moving to the mainland i am left wondering how will my daughter play catch up. the teachers lack of concern and turning a blind eye to this could be the reasoning for the low scoring on the nation wide test. they need to get updated on the educational system so when or if students move they dont have to suffer as so much do. when i ask for help i as ignored! no one responded to my letter. the only one who suffers is the child.

Kaala Elementary School
130 California Ave, Wahiawa, HI  96786
Last modified Kaala Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaala Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top