Bad
Good

Good school. Strong academics and caring staff. My daughter has genuinely enjoyed her time here.

My son has attended this school for quite some time and the staff and teachers are very helpful and kind. Although I noticed some of the students are very rude to one another. Traffic in the mornings and afternoons are horrible because their parking lot is so small.

My children have attended this school for two years, and one more before we move. As a military family, I'm conscious of the academics and environment as we move frequently and have to accept which ever school our housing falls into. I've been pleased both years now. My oldest started 3rd grade at Helemano and the teacher was very understanding of our transient life, and my desire to maintain education levels to transfer back to VA schools. The teachers encourage him/her to excel and push oneself to achieve more. I feel if a parent is willing to be involved and encourage the child to do well the outcome is better received. If you set lower expectations, or none at all, then don't expect much from your child regardless of the school. My other child attended Helemano as a Pre-K parent participation program (we didn't qualify for the regular pre-k/headstart). It was a great beginning school experience. They also offered a wonderful summer kinder-prep program. The kindergarten year has been a great experience, the staff is welcoming to students and parents. I volunteer in the classroom weekly as a teacher's aide and see progress in all the student's academics and social behaviors.

Dont like this school. staffs are rude and my kid's teacher 1st year teaching, due to her lack of experience my son wasted his whole k year. for sure not a military friendly school. My older child got injured by one of his/her classmate and was bullied the whole year but no teacher, principal not even vice principal cared. Its so sad. I dont recommend this school. we re actaully moving so that my kids doesnt suffer next school yr

I have to say Helemano more then exceeded my expectations. The entire staff is very welcoming. Excellent leadership and teachers. If you ever have a concern or a problem they are more then willing to help resolve it. They welcome parent involvement. I highly recommend Helemano to any parent.

Being in the military, we came to Helemano School with so much apprehension, mainly coming from other military family who came to Hawaii and experiencing 'culture shock'. I could say that through my own personal experience that I am fortunate to have my child attend this school. The administration and staff are excellent. There is a mixture of students both military and civilians. The school staff work together to provide a safe learning environment for its students. I would highly recommend this school.

My child is attending this school since kindergarten. I'm impressed with the teachers. They are caring and supportive. My daughter enjoys going to school. The administration has addressed any concerns I've had quickly. The gals in the office are always smiling.

Last modified Helemano Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.