PK-6 & Ungraded
Waianae, HI

Posted October 16, 2014
love that they implemented the Avid program into their system and love the staff who is always willing to help even if they have a lot on their plate. Overall Leihoku Elementary shows their compassion for the students, families, and staff. Outstanding leadership! Outstanding team players! Keep it up Leihoku you all are soaring like the Eagles!

Posted August 14, 2011
i love love love this school and the staff. i'm glad we live in this district.

Posted August 11, 2011
Thank you to Leihoku for its wonderful staff and teachers. It has been a blessing to have found such a caring and helpful school. I have two children that attend Leihoku Elem. Thanks again for all you have done for my family.

Posted January 28, 2009
My son is a 1st grader and i love it at Leihoku. The teacher's make my child feel welcome and loving. Leihoku Rock'S

Posted August 25, 2008
This is my son's first year at Leihoku coming from a private school. It's only been about a month into the year and already I'm seeing so much progress in my son. He's being challenged in positive ways and it's exciting for him. To imagine we were paying thousands a year for a private school education that wasn't challenging him. I'm so glad we enrolled him here. The curriculum is oustanding and the teaching staff is wonderful and very welcoming. I know that my son is getting a good education here and the school itself is beautiful. They have a Kumon center here too that is so convenient for my son. For all you parents out there who want nothing more than a quality education and a positive learning experience for your children, this is the place to be. I know my son will succeed here. Great job, Leihoku!

Posted June 03, 2008
Leihoku not only has a great principal and staff but they also have HEART and a real feeling of OHANA!

Posted May 19, 2008
I currently have a fourth grader attending Leihoku, and two older children who graduated from Leihoku Elementary. My oldest child is now a sophomore at Waianae High School doing very well thanks to the education he received from Leihoku, and My second child is an honor roll student at Waianae Intermediate School. I highly recommend this school to others in the community. I truly believe they have a great teaching staff and the Principal has a lot to do with their success!

Posted April 16, 2008
When my daughter was going to Leihoku she had a hard time adjusting to school. Well thanks to the teachers and support staff, she overcame her fear of not seeing mom. And as she continued through her years at Leihoku I could see my child blossom into a very bright and ambitious child who wanted to learn. And as she moved on to the middle school and high school. She was confident enough to take on all the challenges she had through her school years. I believe that with all the support she had gotten in her elementary years she was able to succeed. Leihoku has been very supportive of the children and their parents. I have seen many children succeed. Leihoku has been very good to the children, parents and community.

Posted March 26, 2008
My daughter is in the 6th grade and each year that she has attended Leihoku Elementary, she has made tremendous academic achievements. The school is strong in recognizing student's not only for academic achievement but for personal achievements as well. I would not choose any other school over Leihoku elementary. My daughter attends there on a Geographical Exception as schools in our living area are all very good as well but I feel that she has learned how to be humble and empathetic towards others while she has attended Leihoku Elementary. I commend the administration as well as teachers for all of their hard work and dedication as they prepare their youngsters for a bigger and brighter world.

Posted August 27, 2007
Leihoku is a great learning institution. I have sent 3 grandchildren there and my grandson plays basketball for the PAL program. The teachers are always there to answer questions one might have and the principal is a on hands kind of guy. Every time I am at the school I see him out and about and knows so many children by there name and I see their reactions to this. The children feel important and full of pride that they are recognized by someone as important as the principal knows them. The teaching curriculum is great and I know of a lot of parents that try to get their children enrolled in this fine school.

Leihoku Elementary School
86285 Leihoku St, Waianae, HI  96792
Last modified Leihoku Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leihoku Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top