9-12 & Ungraded
Wailuku, HI
Students enrolled: 1,612

Posted June 17, 2014
I am an alumni of H.P. Baldwin High School. I love this school so very much. The academics and programs offered are diverse and amazing. I love this school so much I am coming back to teach here. I would recommend this school highly. I believe it is the best school on Maui.

Posted July 18, 2012
Baldwin High School is a great school with an incredible reputation. As an incoming senior I can say I love Baldwin. Baldwin has a stellar reputation in athletics competing at the state level in most sports. The school also offers many academic opportunities including AP (Literature, Language, European History, Calculus, Art, Biology and Chemistry) and Honors classes (English, World History, Geometry, Algebra 2, Trig, pre calc, Biology, Chemistry and Physical Science). Baldwin has a wide range of extracurriculars to let students get involved. Baldwin also has one of only two Peer Education Programs in the county. Baldwin also has a stellar Drama program, and art program. Baldwin students score consistently well on AP tests and is home to many National Merit winners. The classes at Baldwin are challenging but Baldwin does it's best to help and support for students such as tutoring and online gradebooks which allow both students and parents to track student progress. Baldwin student council goes to extreme lengths to get students involved and active. The school values student voice. Baldwin's sports, extracurriculars, academics, students and staff make this school incredible.

Posted February 26, 2011
Baldwin is a great highschool. It has a great relationship and reputation among other schools on maui and even the rest of hawaii. Although baldwin doesn't have the best facilities we have impressive teachers and our students determination and effort bring our standards higher than other public schools. Our school is proud to boast an amazing drama program, a challenging math program, a english program that suits all its students. Our students are proof of how well baldwin does, we have the most science fair participants in the district and our students are the most recognized. We have history day winners, have a great standing in mathcounts and students who have competed at national levels of academic and athletic contests.

Posted November 09, 2010
The 10th grade teachers do not update Classroll consistently. I don't know if and when my child receives a bad grade until it's too late - and he won't tell me. When requesting teachers to contact me when my child's grades begin to drop - there is little-to-zero interest in doing so. The perfunctory attitude of "...get me outta here" with regard to these 2010 HS students derails parent interaction. The curriculum for tenth grade is elementary including crossword puzzle worksheets in HONORS history, connect the dots, utilizing magazines to make collages for the summer reading program. Most of the classes don't require the student to think for themselves. All of his test are multiple choice with the exception of math. The math answers to the previous night's homework is posted prior to turning homework in. I think some students deserve more.

Henry Perrine Baldwin High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It's on Maui! The Principal and Staff are superb!!

Posted February 09, 2009
H.P. Baldwin High School is easily one of the best high schools on Maui. The curriculum is well structured and many courses are available including Honors and AP. In addition to this, motivated students should find no difficulty in school work or assignments. Another point of interest is that there is much diversity within the student body: Asians, Pacific Islanders, Caucasians, etc... The sports programs are excellent as are the many student organizations on campus. They afford students the ability to get involved with not only at the school but also in the greater community and often times out of state. I strongly recommend H.P. Baldwin to anyone looking for a good public education. This high school rivals many of the private high school institutions on Maui. Not only is it affordable but provides much more to its student body than some schools with outrageous costs.

Henry Perrine Baldwin High School 0

Posted November 29, 2008
baldwin high is not so bad school it lacks some what teaching abilitys. such as pushing the students to achive better higher expectations and also not explaining the work to the ower class men.

Posted July 27, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008

Posted December 01, 2007

Henry Perrine Baldwin High School
1650 Kaahumanu Ave, Wailuku, HI  96793
Last modified Henry Perrine Baldwin High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Perrine Baldwin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top