Posted September 12, 2013
This is a public school that offers a quint, private atmosphere in a very clean, quiet, nature setting! A general friendly/family atmosphere is what I have experienced so far! Teachers and staff take the time to be courteous to me and this makes me feel that my child is being treat with care and love! Above all, I look for signs from my child; thus far she has displayed enthusiasm and excitement about going to school! She has never made any complains about anything about this school and I like this; after all she is the number one critique! I know that no one system is fault-proof but based on these initial impressions we are happy with this school Morning traffic at drop off time bottle necks for about five to ten minutes due to the school's location by to the main road. The school can definitely use some funding to perhaps add some space to their land to alleviate this problem. Overall, a FIVE STAR SCHOOL! (my observation)!

Posted February 08, 2012
Bad experience with the leader of this school. The programs do not challenge the students with cheat sheets given to students. The school is academically sanctioned.

Posted January 31, 2012
Poor School. Please re-consider for the benefit of your children. My son is doing much better in Kihei now. At Waihee they use cheat sheets in their students folder for math. Why not use a calculator. My son has learned so much more since making the transfer. I am thankful to be away from this educationally-sanctioned school. Their grades are horrific. Native Hawaiian kids deserve better. Get a new leader for this school. It sounds like I'm not the only one tooting this horn.

Posted January 30, 2012
I would strongly recommend another school for you child. The principal is extremely arrogant. She is non-responsive and does not serve in the best interest of the children. My best advice is to try another school. Please note - the school has not met low academic standards for 3 years running and is currently academically sanctioned by the Hawaii School Board. Hawaiian children deserve more that sub-standard education. Let's get this principal out and start anew with a better plan to education our Hawaiian Keiki.

Posted January 22, 2012
This school has more Hawaiian culture and respect than ANY other school on Maui. The teachers work day and night for their students. The students are taught RESPECT from the very beginning. Mahalo to the hard working teachers and staff!!!

Posted January 12, 2012
Awful school. The new principal discriminates and laughs at parents. Her teachers have a strong disrespect for her and doesn't like her condescending way.

Posted June 13, 2011
amazing teachers bright and nice students and wonderful staff i tell everyone how outstanding this school is

Posted October 09, 2010
Aloha Spirit............................................................

Posted March 18, 2010
My two daughters attended Waihe'e school from Fall 2004 - Fall 2007 and we miss it. Although we like the elementary school we are at now, we'd much rather be at Waihe'e. The teachers and staff work wonderful with the children and they have a great reading program! The communication between parents and teachers is great and very open! The 'teaching and learning with love' thing really is alive and well here. They offer many extracurricular programs and their curriculum is challenging and organized. Their after school program is great too! My younger daughter learned how to read very well in her after school A+ class and til this day, she loves reading. They also offer tutoring while at A+. Only love and aloha in this school! Can you bring your curriculum to our school in Lahaina?

Posted August 28, 2007
The VP at this school is wonderful. It is a large campus. There is a very kind nurse on site all day long. If your child has special needs ie/medical or physical one can expect this school to facilitate a pattern of open communication. the teachers have a special protocol for having communciation log. This is a good school with a good leadership education team.. The VP is wonderful and is always willing to meet with you regarding any issue.

Waihee Elementary School
2125 Kahekili Hwy, Wailuku, HI  96793
Last modified Waihee Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waihee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top