Posted May 23, 2013
Violence is a major concern if you are white. Most of my son's teachers did not know him even though his attendance was great. Drugs were rampant on campus. Test scores were poor. I am glad I took my son to the mainland. I moved him half way through his freshman year. It was a great decision.

Posted May 14, 2012
the principal is the problem here, and as another review stated, the (district) boss is a former principal who somehow got promoted - go figure. teachers can only do so much with limited resources/support, and "more with less" only will accomplish minimal results. the teachers are rebelling one by one due to inept administration, and students suffer. WHS has fallen dramatically from its heyday in the 90's, when academics and athletics were leading the island.

Posted September 30, 2010
This school is horrible. Some of the teachers and the principal didn't even show up for the back to school night. Bullying for NON local kids is rampant. The lack of control the teachers have over this school is unsatisfactory. The teachers are only hoping that the kids graduate, not that they succeed or get good grades. Smoking allowed right across the street by students within view of the school. I pulled my son from this school and enrolled him in ONLINE education, if you care about your child's education, I would suggest you do the same. Open house less than 10% of the parents even bothered to show up.

Waimea High School 4

Posted February 15, 2010
This school has the nicest campus on Kaua'i.

Waimea High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great football team, caring teachers & personnel

Posted July 09, 2009
Let's just say the principal that I know didn't even show up to the class of 2009's Graduation! When I went to school here, none of the administration showed up to the musical concerts. The block schedule cripples the minds and work habits of students. We fight as much as any school, but the general feeling you get is being unsafe. Where ever you go there seems to be a face ready to scowl. The teachers are either super good, but mistreated by the students or really lazy and layed back. When my parents asked me if I wanted to move, the school played a big part in my immediate yes. Only go here as a last resort. The school may try it's hardest, but they are fearfully behind the times and the students are incredibly lazy. The only redeeming quality is sports and they are even lacking there too.

Waimea High School 5

Posted December 15, 2008
this school may be the finest high school in America it by far has the nicest campus on the island of Kauai. 90% the students are well behaved outstanding students. the are bad kids that need to be kick out of school but other than that if your child enters this school with a great attitude they will not only not be bullied or disrespected but they shall receive a good education.

Waimea High School 5

Posted December 09, 2008

Waimea High School 3

Posted October 01, 2008
This ENTIRE island has a drug problem. From Haena to Kekaha. It is the parents who need to continue the awareness and education outside of the school. I was raised on the East side of Kauai. Our children attended both East and West schools. The close knit community of the Westside makes this school better in my eyes. Our children feel more accepted, therefore, they do better in school.

Posted September 30, 2008
This school has serious issues. Nearly everyone in the area with an option chooses to send their children to an alternative school. From drugs to violence and incredibly low proficiency scores, this school has all the problems. The new principal is a big improvement however the former poor performing principal was promoted to his boss so it will be difficult to make significant progress.

Waimea High School
9707 Tsuchiya Rd, Waimea, HI  96796
Last modified Waimea High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waimea High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top