Kanoelani Elementary School 2

Posted July 23, 2014
The staff is very rude and they seem to alway have an attitude when you go into the office. I sent my son here to be taught academics not solely learn about Hawaii.

Posted May 09, 2011
There is nothing wrong with learning about Hawaii. This is not something that is unique to Kanoelani, all the other public schools focus on Hawaiian history. As for schools stateside, we are part of the U.S. That parent needs to brush up on some history. My son is in 1st grade and is reading at 2nd grade reading level (and will soon read at a 3rd grade reading level). Kanoelani is a great school that has great communication. Newsletters are sent home monthly. Students have planners that they write their homework in and parents can use it as a way to communicate with the teachers. I've also been able to reach the teacher by phone after school hours. When I haven't, my messages were returned promptly. All of my interaction with the staff has been pleasant. They have been extremely helpful. The PTA program is strong and the other parents I interact with are very helpful. Perhaps the unhappy parents were rude and got rudeness in return? Here in Hawaii we do not tolerate rudeness. There is also the understanding that the parents need to do their part. As you can tell, the parents that are unhappy need to go back to school to learn grammar, it likely is passed on to their children.

Posted May 11, 2010
this school gets no stars!! it is horrible no help what so ever. i constantly called to communicate with principals, teachers & counselors -got no where but lots of false claims!!! this school has been my familys worst nightmare!!

Posted May 11, 2010
I don't think this school deserves any stars. They are so far behind on schooling my child is doing 3rd grade work & he's in the 5th grade! School tends to make alot of false claims especially pointing the finger to the parents when something in the school is wrong. LAck of communication with-in the school as a whole.

Posted May 11, 2010
I dont think any of the parents below have had their children go to stateside schools because this school is sooooo far behind, school materials are dated & all they teach is about hawaii. with furlough fridays they have not done anything at all to help keep the students learning -those flyers they send home are not from the school. honestly theres so much I am not happy with at this school my list could go on & on -I know when we leave I will have to spend alot of $$ on getting some good tutoring for my child to catch up the the other peers in his new school.

Posted May 04, 2010
They strive to do the best they can for our children with many obstacles, especially furlough fridays. Hawaii has the least amount of school days in the nation which is so wrong and shameful. Kanoelani strives to always put the children first and foremost.

Kanoelani Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2009

Posted September 16, 2009
I love this school. 3 generations.

Posted April 29, 2009
Kanoelani is a great school. My children are thriving there academically as well as socially. The principal has implemented several new programs to enhance student learning (high test scores) and has increase the students use and understanding of technology. The math program is designed for understanding math rather than just memorization. A skill students will need facing the advanced use of technology in every employment field. The school is a safe environment for learning. I am proud to say my children attend Kanoelani Elementary School.

Posted June 22, 2008

Kanoelani Elementary School
941091 Oli Lp, Waipahu, HI  96797
Last modified Kanoelani Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kanoelani Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top