PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 18, 2016
As with any school, a student's experience at Mililani HIgh is what he or she makes of it. My daughter is currently a junior and has been taking Honors or AP classes every year. The teachers are hard-working and committed to student learning, but the student needs to study also! She passed the AP class she took last year as a sophomore and is doing well with 2 AP classes this year. She is also in the school string ensemble and after-school orchestra. If your student is motivated and serious about academics this is a great school for him/her.

Pearl Harbor Christian Academy 2

Posted November 14, 2015
I attended Pearl Harbor Christian Academy in 2010 through 2012 (7th through 8th grade). The academics were way too easy and it did not prepare me for high school. The teachers basically spoon fed us all the answers to quizzes and tests. Our english teacher at the time was great and she challenged us the most. All the other subjects and electives were too easy. This school is way too strict. They have free dress days on Saturdays. My 1st grade sister got in trouble from wearing a sleeved dress that covered her shoulder, but it did not meet their standards. Apparently, it has to stretch out to the size of a dollar. This school is way too strict and degrades girls at a young age.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 14, 2015
My english teacher was the one who challenged my the most and best prepared me for highschool. She gave us high school level work and helped us format our essays to MLA standards. Thank you for being the only one to prepare me and challenge my mind.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 14, 2015
Their morals are very Christian which I have nothing against. They strongly preach the Bible and integrate it into their curriculum.

Posted July 20, 2013
This school in my opinion has done an amazing job with my child that struggled with gasping information and keeping up with the rest of is class, now he does not have a learning disability but he wasn't assertive or confident at PHCA he learned to believe in himself he also has since grown up academically as well as personally. In one year my son won 1st place in the science fair, join the math Olympics and is now a published author for The American Library of Poetry! He excels in ways I have never seen him and I have this wonderful school to thank!! Thank you PHCA for giving my son the confidence he needed!

Posted January 12, 2012
This is my son's 3rd year at PHCA and he absolutely loves it. He actually looks forward to going to school, especially on those long breaks. He has learned and grown so much in his academics, love and knowledge of the bible, and his personality is wonderful. As parents, we only wish the best for our son and the staff has promised and followed through with all of my expectations. What i love the most about this school is the fact that the staff knows the names of each individual child that attends the school...now that upclose & personal atmosphere is astonishing. I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 26, 2011
Our daughter has attended this school for 6 years and loves it. We like the involvement of the staff and accelerated program they use. Also, for a private school in Hawaii the tuition rate is much lower than other schools. We also love the principles the school follows, as even the athletic program's primary focus is playing the right way (over winning at all costs). Highly recommended.

Posted March 06, 2011
My child started at Children's House, great school but quite expensive and we did not feel it was challenging her. When our 2nd came along, we could not afford it. Pearl Harbor Christian Academy was highly recommended as a great loving, supportive but challenging school with great structure. My 1st child has soared and my 2nd is in K4 and is doing great! We've loved every teacher so far. It is a great and strong Christian environment and very fair to all the students. They are so much ahead of public schools. Rooms are immaculate and air conditioned. Lunch program is excellent and flexible. They have great sports and emphasis not only on curriculum, but community service, penmanship, and citizenship. Communication with the school and teachers is excellent and very organized. You always know what your child needs to do for homework for the day and week and you are given progress reports before the actual report cards. A well rounded school. I pray it goes to high school by the time my children get to that age. Excellent school at a very reasonable and affordable price. I love it and my children love it there.

Pearl Harbor Christian Academy 2

Posted June 09, 2010
I have gone to this school for 4 years. In elementary my experience was spectacular! i had wonderful teachers who cared about me and challenged me! Sixth grade was was ok too, i loved it! Our teacher was so funny! But my last year it wasn't all that great. We had a great language teacher who challenge us, she was hard on us in the beginning because before our other teachers didn't expect much from us. After having her as a teacher my reading and writing abilities have soared. My classmates were very kind, loving, and just great people to be around. There was some drama but our class was like a big family. Overall the curriculum was ok. The biggest complaint i have is how some teachers showed a great amount of favoritism or how they disliked some students and made their time there a bit miserable.

Pearl Harbor Christian Academy 1

Posted April 06, 2010
i went here and it was absolutely horrible. a few teachers showed a uncontrollable amount of favoritism and the principal at the time well she was a real piece of work. the curriculum itself was good and as far as other teachers go they were great! but as it goes a couple bad apples DEFINITELY ruined the bunch. they were my worst schooling years.

94-1044 Waipio Uka Street, Waipahu, HI  96797
Last modified Pearl Harbor Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8