Posted April 29, 2014
My children have just been approved for enrollment in to this school, WE ARE ALL REALLY EXCITED!!!! We have friends NOW that attend Hawaii Technology Academy, THIS is one HUGE reason why I want my children attending this academy. The progress and levels that they are at, it is just something that we want as well. I can see that our friends' children are WELL beyond where they should be academically, I can see where the regular brick and mortar has fell short for them, I feel the same is happening to my children. If they "get it" and some in the class do not, it has left my children stagnant waiting around for the others to "get it". I would like to give a review about HOW the school is, but my children have not yet had the opportunity to attend a scheduled day. From the overall experience and feelings I left with on the day we went for our 'Meet and Greet' I feel VERY confident that my children are going to do VERY well there.

Posted January 28, 2014
HTA has a great curriculum, and for students who are self- directed, it is an ideal program, where you can work at your own pace within the course of the school year. You are lent a Macbook , textbooks and supplies for science, and have access to a full curriculum, with electives available. My daughter completed 5th grade with HTA on Kauai, and she learned so much in that year! She decided she wanted to attend a traditional school after that because she missed the interaction with peers; when she was tested at her new school, she was placed in the grades above hers in Math and English. The only caveats are that the office and administration were very disorganized, not easy to get in touch with, and there was little to no support here on our island. However, if you are a supportive parent and a motivated student, you can guide this yourself and have a great education.

Hawaii Technology Academy 4

Posted January 01, 2014
My son is in his second year with HTA and we love it. It's like a online Montessori school, only better. The online assessments are top notch, requiring comprehension and mastery, and the course work is above par on many levels. The best part is the one on one attention my son gets from me as his learning coach. There are no other kids vying for the teachers attention, and no jokers distracting my son and disrupting class. It also gives me instant notification as to which parts of the class my son may need more direct scaffold the lesson plan to attain his zone of proximal development. In laymen's terms, it gives me an instant snapshot of where he is academically, everyday, and allows me to cater to his strengths and bolster his weaker areas with more direct instruction. The best part about this school is it enables us to take time off when we want to for extra curricular activities. I advise anyone who has the ability and the willingness to check into an online homeschool blended school like HTA because it is like getting your kid back after a long stint in the confines and mediocrity of the so-so public school system. Thank you for your time.

Posted December 31, 2013
My two high-schoolers love school and their teachers once again...how great is that?! After hearing how much they hated their other public school and several teachers "profiling" them, I had to try something new! This has been a very good decision for this very satisfied parent and educator. The beginning of the year was a bit crazy; but, the administrators ARE listening and making great changes! I can't say enough about the teachers, they REALLY show an interest in the students and offer many opportunities for tutoring. Strongly recommend!

Hawaii Technology Academy 2

Posted March 05, 2013
I have two students attempting to do the schoolwork. We have been plagued with problems, from technical to unruly classrooms on-line. The staff are very slow to respond, not all, but many. Its a good idea on paper, but you get very bogged down by different approaches by different teachers, overwhelming amounts of email, changes in times, and much more. not good for everyone.

Posted September 18, 2012
So far we love it!!! Overall our child has been excited to attend class, and very self motivated with the HTA program. There is a lot of work to do, and keeps him very busy. Its refreshing as a parent to see and hear your child has been heard and appreciated. As with any school there is always room for improvement, I don't think its perfect, but the respect my child is receiving and the excitement to learn he is emanating is by far worth it! Sincerely, Very happy parent!

Hawaii Technology Academy 3

Posted August 22, 2012
The Highschool Curriculum and Program 4.5 stars. As long as your child is an independent learner and likes technology, this is a great place for High School Students who want to be challenged or are just bored of regular school. The teaching staff at this level seems to have it together. Unfortunately, the middle school program needs work, 2 stars max. The curriculum is fine, but this teaching staff creates a cumbersome schedule that requires too much face-to-face or Illuminate teaching sessions rather than putting the K12 system to better use. Many of the middle school teachers are not as technically savy as one would expect a teacher to be at a school named a "technology" academy. More importantly, they were VERY UNPREPARED for the school year to begin. We are several weeks into the school year and we are still dealing with teacher scheduling conflicts and last minute changes.

Posted December 15, 2011
I am not a parent at the school but a grandparent and it has been great for my grandchildren. The principal is coarse and harsh but he does truly care for the children and expects the best of them. What brought us to this school was after going to open houses with private schools and public schools we attended one at HTA. The principal presented us with information and what sold us was he told us this might not be the right school for each of us and WE needed to make the decision and do the research. We chose HTA and are happy there but it was amazing to see the stoic New Yorker cry at the kindergarten graduation last year. He truly does care for our children.

Hawaii Technology Academy 1

Posted December 08, 2011
Terrible school. The administrative staff is extremely disrespectful and the administrator is only concerned about letting the parent know how great he is. The school board consists of one Hawaiian Airline executive who doesn't get involved with concerns involving this school. I would not recommend this school at all.

Hawaii Technology Academy 4

Posted November 16, 2011
We love this school it is our second year with HTA. I have a 4th and 5th grader. They do a lot better being at home most of the time doing their schoolwork online then going in to the learning center once a week. You really get the feeling that this school is there for the kids that they love kids and it is there main focus!

Hawaii Technology Academy
94-810 Moloalo Street, 2nd Floor, Waipahu, HI  96797
Last modified Hawaii Technology Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawaii Technology Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top