Home > High School > High School Community

Moving out of HS district but want my daughter to stay


James_T_Smith December 27, 2012

I may be moving a few miles outside of my daughter's HS (she is currently a junior). I would like for her to continue at her HS and finish her senior year. Can I do that?

Post a reply
Facebook  Digg 


Sort by:  Oldest first |  Newest first 


samanthaiam December 30, 2012

Hi, MagnetMom: Just a question for you - how do districts have their employees root out fake students (or their addresses)?

(We are making a move to Houston from College Station and may have temporary living conditions until our house sells. Long story, but just wondering how districts can prove the student's address or that the student is actually living at said address?)

Thanks so much, Samantha


MagnetMom December 28, 2012

Hi James_T_Smith, and welcome to the GreatSchools Parent Community.

The first place you should check is the school district's website. They may have their policies listed.

A clue would be if they allow outside students to attend for the cost of the taxes.

You might be able to just ask the school and find out what their policy is, and they might let her finish.

Whatever you do, don't try to fake your address. Many districts have employees that try to root out fake students. It's just not worth having her taken out in the middle of her senior year.

Search Community