Ammon, ID

Posted September 03, 2013
My daughter had an excellent experience for the six years she attended Rimrock. Leadership from the Principal is solid. He knows the children by name, makes time to get to know who they are and what they need. The teachers are true professionals, who worked overtime for our daughter, who needed more challenging material in math, science, language and history. When she left Rimrock she, and many of her classmates, were highly advanced in all subjects. There is strong parental support at this school with volunteers in the classroom and in the PTO. And a special note should be made of the lunch room, where they warmly greet each child every day. The building and grounds are kept clean and in good repair, partly because of the attitude in the school towards respect and responsibility. The facility is nice and well planned out. Also, the library is the best elementary library my children have ever had, and they make it available one day a week during the summer! I have experience five other elementary schools with my other children, and this school was not only the best- it was outstanding!

Posted April 30, 2012
This school is incredible! The teachers really care about their students and seem to work hours on end to make their classrooms the best they can possibly be. I have nothing but great things to say about the principal and all of his staff.

Rimrock Elementary School 0

Posted February 08, 2010
We moved from another state with low expectations of the quality of education in Idaho, but it is even worse than we thought. The teachers are disorganized, their feedback is incomplete, and they're not in tune with student's needs. The culture exudes a lack of discipline. The AR reading program is counterproductive and administered poorly. My three kids are not being stimulated, making snowflakes last week in the gifted program! Snowflakes, really? My kids learned MS Office 2007 - Word, Excel, and Powerpoint in the state we lived in, but here even in 6th grade there is no exposure to MS Office or anything like it. My kids go to school one hour less than before but have much more homework. I'm very disappointed that the children are getting so shortchanged. Other schools in the area don't appear any better. We are giving our kids supplemental work at home to compensate.

Posted July 05, 2009
A great school is defined by its teaching staff, its administration, its facility, and its kids. Amazingly enough Rimrock Elem. excells in all of these areas. The teachers we have had have been truly brilliant and caring. The principal knows almost every child by name!!!! It's a brand new school with high ceilings and large classrooms. I have been SO impressed with this wonderful school!

Rimrock Elementary School
4855 Brennan Bend, Ammon, ID  83406
Last modified Rimrock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rimrock Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top