Boise, ID

Posted March 20, 2015
Desert Sage is AWESOME! The entire staff, from the teachers to the office, are exceptional! It is obvious they truly care about my daughter and her education. LOVE this school.

Desert Sage Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2015
DSE is a wonderful school. They have programs in place to meet the needs of all types of students. The staff works hard to be a team that puts the needs of the students first. I have three students at DSE and they have all made incredible gain and established a strong foundation in their core areas of study. I would happily send my children to DSE again!

Posted March 19, 2015
This is amazing school with amazing staff! They are well-organized, supportive of students, parents and any questions I have had. I really appreciate the correspondence from the teachers and the principal. There are many support staff and an amazing intervention schedule to support my student's needs, The front office is always helpful and concerned for my student. I highly recommend Desert Sage for any student!

Posted March 19, 2015
My children are thriving at Desert Sage Elementary. Their teachers are the best around. We have been here for 3 years now and I am very pleased with the entire staff. I have always felt welcome in the school and I feel that my children are in a safe environment.

Desert Sage Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2015
Ms. Ricketts is a nice kindergarten teacher and all of the duties are nice, especially Ms. Bell. There are 25 kids to one teacher in my son's class, so things do(understandably) get missed from time to time. The front office staff, however, are not very nice. Every time I've had a question or concern, they've been rude. Brushing me aside as quickly as possible. It makes me feel defensive and I try my best to avoid them. The school seems to be lacking in structure and communication. The location is convenient and the building and grounds are nice. Principle Hahle is very nice and seems driven to bring the schools ratings up and tries to please everyone.

Desert Sage Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2014
When my son first started attending this school (2011/2012), I didn't like it at all. The teachers seemed nervous of parents and the staff were stand-offish. This year - the 2013/2014 school year - seemed a lot better, but I can't tell if it was just that my son had a very good teacher. She made sure that her student's parents were kept in the loop... not just about what was happening in the class, but also what was happening in the school, too. This school has average-to-high student:teacher ratio. My son's second grade class had a 20:1 ratio. That ratio was higher in previous years. I feel that Desert Sage has a lot of great ideas (as far as special needs, support for multi-lingual families, and extra-education opportunities), they just need better execution within those ideas. Desert Sage is still rather young, as schools go (it opened at the beginning of the 2006 - 2007 school year), so I think there's still a lot of need for more growth and progress within its system.

Desert Sage Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
This school has a terrible special needs program as well as inconsiderate and rude teachers. When a parent has to request homework for their child and you are told that by the teacher that she is too busy then that is a problem. I would not recommend this school to anyone who has special needs children or typical children. The teacher student ratio is horrible and children are not getting the time required to obtain a good education. The communication from teachers to parents is very insufficient.

Desert Sage Elementary School
9325 West Mossywood St, Boise, ID  83709
Last modified Desert Sage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Sage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top