Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Awesome teachers! Great leadership focus that builds character and provides a hands on experience. We love this school.

We love TVCS. The teachers are amazing, positive and engaging. My children have spanish, PE and music class 2 days a week and love it! . They are already coming home with a spanish vocabulary. We are really enjoying the 4 day school week and minimal homework. The focus on leadership is being brought home and I am seeing more confidence in my children. Their classmates are kind, good kids and it is wonderful to see friendships forming. We are grateful we made the switch.

I love that my daughter is getting an education tailored to her learning valuable leadership skills that she will need later on in the future. I spent a small fortune in my early twenties learning the Franklin Covey system and she is now learning this from the start. The staff is always training and improving on their skills in this system and they offer so many learning opportunities outside of the traditional classroom by having weeklong camps and electives. We especially love our teachers that are specifically teaching their strong suits. So our kids are getting so much diversity throughout the day.

The *idea* of this school is fantastic, but the implementation is not. There is an extremely high rate of turnover, both for staff and students. Very little support for any type of special needs students, despite saying they could accomodate all types. The environment is very chaotic and it seems as if they are constantly putting out fires trying to stay afloat. The electives program sounds great, but is poorly run. It's too bad, the values and ideas they put forth really could make for an amazing school.

This school is great on paper, good educational philosophies, schedule, programs, etc. Unfortunately it isn't run in a way that reflects the stated values of the school. The environment is chaotic, and not conducive to learning. The school is in a building much too small for the amount of students enrolled which means there isn't much room for hands on learning. When we pulled my children from the school and enrolled them in a different one, they began the new school year severely behind academically, especially in reading. Thankfully they are now caught up, with no thanks to The Village who's teachers continually assured me my kids were "doing great in school." You couldn't pay me money to put my kids in here again. The only positive thing I have to say really is that they have a great Spanish language program that they start in kindergarten.

This school was an answer to prayer for our family. The school district we were previously enrolled in was not a good fit for us. We really felt backed into a corner. We can't afford tuition. We were convinced that homeschooling was our only option. This is our first year and we are in love! I have two children attending. Our son is at the middle school and our daughter is at the elementary. The teachers are great! They care! The staff provides one on one instruction and added support when needed. The principle is present, involved, and has a huge heart. The children matter. My kids are not just a number. I wish I'd known about the school sooner. What a great fit for us! We also really like the shorter school week;) I absolutely recommend The Village! I think they might still have some room enroll your Kidos you won't be sorry.

The learning environment is incredible at The Village. The teachers use interesting and engaging methods to teach materials. My children love the positive behavior methods that are used, and my they feel incredibly safe there. I am so happy to have found this school!

We have been with this school since the first day it has opened, as one of my children started in an older grade he is flourishing but already had his foundations before he started. As my other child started in a lower level and needed the foundations. This school failed to provide those foundations for her and is now struggling with those basic skills needs like reading. If you need a school that will provide extra resources this would not be that school. I felt like everyone just kept brushing everything under the carpet.

I could go on and on about how the teachers really care, the principal is involved, and the cirriculum is engaging. I think what really sums up our school is this quote from my child before winter break, "Aw, we have to wait two whole weeks to go back to school?"

I love The Village for so many reasons. The biggest being the amazing teachers that are so tuned in to my 3 kids and their needs. My kids love school and are upset anytime they have to miss. I love the small community and closeness that is The Village. We may not have a cutting edge building, but in all other areas The Village out does the previous neighborhood school we were in.

Last modified The Village Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.