Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

The Village Charter School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 21, 2016
Spanish teacher is awesome. My child was always excited to come to school on Spanish days.

The Village Charter School 2

Posted November 20, 2015
This school is great on paper, good educational philosophies, schedule, programs, etc. Unfortunately it isn't run in a way that reflects the stated values of the school. The environment is chaotic, and not conducive to learning. The school is in a building much too small for the amount of students enrolled which means there isn't much room for hands on learning. When we pulled my children from the school and enrolled them in a different one, they began the new school year severely behind academically, especially in reading. Thankfully they are now caught up, with no thanks to The Village who's teachers continually assured me my kids were "doing great in school." You couldn't pay me money to put my kids in here again. The only positive thing I have to say really is that they have a great Spanish language program that they start in kindergarten.

Posted September 19, 2015
This school was an answer to prayer for our family. The school district we were previously enrolled in was not a good fit for us. We really felt backed into a corner. We can't afford tuition. We were convinced that homeschooling was our only option. This is our first year and we are in love! I have two children attending. Our son is at the middle school and our daughter is at the elementary. The teachers are great! They care! The staff provides one on one instruction and added support when needed. The principle is present, involved, and has a huge heart. The children matter. My kids are not just a number. I wish I'd known about the school sooner. What a great fit for us! We also really like the shorter school week;) I absolutely recommend The Village! I think they might still have some room enroll your Kidos you won't be sorry.

Posted September 15, 2014
The learning environment is incredible at The Village. The teachers use interesting and engaging methods to teach materials. My children love the positive behavior methods that are used, and my they feel incredibly safe there. I am so happy to have found this school!

The Village Charter School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
We have been with this school since the first day it has opened, as one of my children started in an older grade he is flourishing but already had his foundations before he started. As my other child started in a lower level and needed the foundations. This school failed to provide those foundations for her and is now struggling with those basic skills needs like reading. If you need a school that will provide extra resources this would not be that school. I felt like everyone just kept brushing everything under the carpet.

Posted January 28, 2014
I could go on and on about how the teachers really care, the principal is involved, and the cirriculum is engaging. I think what really sums up our school is this quote from my child before winter break, "Aw, we have to wait two whole weeks to go back to school?"

The Village Charter School 4

Posted January 27, 2014
I love The Village for so many reasons. The biggest being the amazing teachers that are so tuned in to my 3 kids and their needs. My kids love school and are upset anytime they have to miss. I love the small community and closeness that is The Village. We may not have a cutting edge building, but in all other areas The Village out does the previous neighborhood school we were in.

Posted January 23, 2014
We switched to The Village this year, and have four children enrolled. I have two in middle school (6th and 8th grades) and two in first grade. We have been SO happy! My 8th grader has found an interesting and challenging academic community that he prefers to the overwhelming size of his last middle school. My 6th grader is getting personalized attention that he needs, and is bringing home better grades than he's ever had! My twins LOVE their first-grade teacher, and their school. Just this morning one said (for not the first time), "I'm glad we switched to The Village!"

Posted January 23, 2014
The Village Charter School has been a phenomenal learning environment for my children. I can't think of a better environment for my middle schooler. He has teachers who care about him, know him and encourage him to excel and be a leader. We have seen a boy who was shy and unsure of himself blossom into a confident and cheerful young man. All of the teachers are outstanding. They are creative, fun, and very caring about each individual student. They want all the students to excel and you can feel their dedication to their students. The parent community is strong and very active in the school and they do a good job bringing the community together. I can't say enough good about The Village Charter School! I wish I would have had this kind of education when I was in school! It is so creative & FUN!

Posted January 23, 2014
My kids love this school and so do I! They have absolutely flourished in all areas of learning and character. The middle school program is amazing and has some of the highest scores in the state. The teachers and staff really love the kids and work so hard at providing a well rounded education. We love the community atmosphere and the engaging, hands-on curriculum!

The Village Charter School
219 N Roosevelt, Boise, ID  83706
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. (208) 336-2000
Last modified The Village Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.