Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter attended this school in Kindergarten and part of first grade then again for third through fifth. The school environment and the cliques have improved significantly since Mr. Bond retired. Bullying is no longer tolerated and the teacher quality has improved dramatically as bad teachers have been weeded out. Teachers, the counselor, and the administration team care about what is best for children and work to support them in developmentally appropriate ways.

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
We have two kids who have attended this school. This last year there was very lIttle respect for the students, yelling at the students by the Principal. Poor leadership makes teaching hard which affects the learning by the children. What good there used to be seems to be diminishing quickly. Thank goodness we moved so we will not have to be returning to that toxic environment.. We did meet some wonderful parents and their children but many of them we have talked with have chosen to leave the school too.

Posted June 05, 2014
My son attended kindergarten here this year and I was truly impressed with the LOVE, time and patience his teacher gave to every child. The parents I've came into contact with seemed extremely involved with their kids' education and their activities. It was a wonderful year! :)

Posted May 08, 2014
This school is absolutely a miserable place. The workers and teachers are mean. They punish kids for anything. They made our kids not talk for a whole week because they were loud at lunch. They can't touch or talk anywhere else yet they punish them for being kids when they have a break. I heard from another mom that some classes withhold bathroom privileges unless kids earn good points. This was a good school but no more. I can't think of a more despicable place to have my kids and I will get mine out as quick as I can.

Posted August 18, 2013
Excellent! My daughter went in K with Mrs Hoetker. Huge progress, a lot of reading and home work (!). You have to spend much time with your child to keep up with home work. If you want an easy way with lots of movie and games then it is Mrs Jones classes. Both teachers are great and my daughter loves them.

Posted June 09, 2013
This school has gone downhill fast since Mr. Bond left. The new Principal only cares about her own career aspirations and has not problem stopping on everyone in this school. Policy before our children. Full length movies are shown all the time, teachers lie to parents, the Principal has divided the parents and cut their involvement in the school. So many families leaving this very broken school - the kids and education are last on the list of priorities at Riverside. Administrators only care about Policy and Parents only care about parties.

Posted October 02, 2012
I was amazed to see how cliquesh this school is even in Kindergarten. My daughter went into this school nearly reading and did not progress until I pulled her from this school towards the end of the year. The teacher that has taught Kindergarten at this school for many years is actually very cold to some of the children and my daughter was put in a time out because she was crying and missed her mom. I was really hoping this was going to be a great school, but it ended up getting my child off on the wrong start for her education. Hopefully the new princepal will be a better leader for this school.

Posted February 08, 2012
I did my student teaching here! I loved it! Everyone was so amazing and kind!

Riverside Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2011
Out of the public elementary school choices in Boise, this is probably a pretty good school... well, for Idaho schools, it's probably a GREAT school, actually. I would like to describe why I rated things the way I did, however: Mr. Bond and admin is exceptional; they are excellent communicators, responsible, timely and support parents, kids and teachers in every way imaginable. I hope that the incoming new principle can fill the shoes that Mr. Bond will be leaving. Kindergarten teachers: changed during the years my kids were there; the recent addition of Mrs. Hoetker is unfortunate. After transfering out of state, my child is now "way behind" and having to catch up. This educator did nothing but test prep drills and assessments with the kindergartners and that has nearly turned my child (a kindergartner!) off of school. I'm rebuilding now and trying to bring her back around. Mrs. Spurgeon is an excellent educator and really helps inspire a love of learning and writing for the kids. Wakewood is a bully with bad teaching methods. She uses fear and intimidation; that may work for some kids, but for sensitive, high achievers, this woman is disastrous.

Posted February 01, 2011
We moved from Texas 4 yrs ago & Mr. Bond was the only public school principal who would hear our unique situation & accept placement for our children, easily within district guidelines. I have been impressed that he has remembered all of our names since our first meeting. Teachers have been involved & amazing... Ms. Wakewood, Ms. Merkley, Mrs. Parsons, Ms. McKevitte, Mrs. Spurgeon, and the heart of the school, Tani Nelson, all deserve endless praise!! I have loved the extras Riverside does annually: run/walk club, manners lunches, silent auctions, community outreaches & educating the children on the value of charity, and so much more above & beyond just a classroom education. I would recommend Riverside Elem. to anyone with high expectations for academic and social success!

Riverside Elementary School
2100 East Victory, Boise, ID  83706
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top