Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Pioneer's higher test scores attract a number of families, but they aren't what made this school great for us. Teaching is clearly a life passion and labor of love at this school, and parental dedication makes Pioneer an all-around phenomenal community. What especially impressed me was how swiftly and fairly the teachers and staff acted when my daughter reported getting bullied. They have a well laid-out protocol for bullying that helped us resolve the matter quickly and prevent future incidents. There is also a school safety officer on duty who also ensures a safe learning environment and deals, in part, with any major behavioral issues that crop op. In short, when it comes to bullying, this school does NOT have its head in the sand. My review is missing a fifth star only because the homework load got a little heavy, but the teachers were reasonable and responsive when I voiced opposition.

We absolutely love Pioneer! We have been here for 2 going on 3 years now and we really love all the special classes that they offer like Keyboarding (piano) music, art, PE and more! There are many great teachers who are organized and fun! We live 5 miles from this school and it is worth the drive everyday!

I would not recommend this school for children with special needs. The IEP team is disconnected, oblivious to the needs of children, and unwilling to work with parents. The principal does not demonstrate any understanding of special needs or the laws that protect children with special needs in the state of Idaho. The teacher we have worked with has little knowledge or understanding of sensory needs, auditory processing concerns, or struggles with attention and comprehension. We have had to contact the district and the state in order to have this team follow the law. Communication between the home and school is minimal and it is made very clear that parents are not welcome in the classroom. We have had a terrible experience with this school and will not be returning.

Pros: The arts! The "specials" are Art, Music, computers, PE, keyboards (like piano) & library. So far teachers have been kind & well educated. Other schools in the area have a 1x/month craft mom that comes in & 0 keyboarding. These are amazing opportunities & all start in Kinder! Cons: communication home could be better. (I subscribe to their emails & joined the PTA) I've noticed that parents either get told of something quite far in advance or the day before. If a family is new to the school, there isn't a lot of information about what certain events are either. My advice- make friends with repeat parents quickly & have them keep you in the loop & explain stuff to you. Overall- good school. Principal seems involved & is good with students. Other parents & kids are nice. (I.e. A good demographic of families attend here)

Love the exposure to art and music that starts right away in Kindergarten. Has been a great school for my son!

We love this school, both of my kids have attended over the last 6 years and it's amazing. The teachers are fantastic and the Principal is kind, but expects order too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Pioneer. They make learning fun through the arts, including music, starting in Kindergarten.

Pioneer Rocks! Our son has attended Pioneer from 2nd through 5th grades. We've had great teachers who really care about their students and our son has enjoyed the music and art options offered at Pioneer. It's a great community-oriented environment with an active PTA group, as well as a principal who attends all of the PTA family activities, along with several of the teachers.

Pioneer Elementary School is the best!! They teach with art which is fun. I also went to another schoool and they only do art crafts like once a month. If you want your kid to have fun and learn then Pioneer is your best option!!

We have been a Pioneer family for three years now and can not say enough about this wonderful Art Magnet school! We have a daughter in 4th grade and a son in 2nd. The Art Magnet status means smaller class sizes, more involved parents (in my opinion...enrollment at the school is via a lottery system), an emphasis in the arts- visual, as well as musical, etc. Both are children have thrived here. The teachers are engaging, the principal and staff are very committed. We couldn't be happier!

My son has really had a wonderful time at this Pioneer, he loves all of the music classes and really is challenged with his classwork. He has always been a bright child and Pioneer is helping him hit his full potential!

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5