Bad
Good

Our son has attended Summerwind for 3 years and our daughter will start in the fall. The teachers are great and there are a lot of opportunities for parents and students to get involved. We highly recommend the school.

My daughter started kindergarten this year. We live within the boundary of another school, so we got into Summerwind by lottery. When I visited the school, the two teachers I spoke to both indicated that they plan to stay at the school long-term and commented that they like the new principal (who is one of only two men on campus!). So far, I'm very pleased with Summerwind. The communication from the school is good--we get a monthly newsletter from the principal as well as the classroom teacher. My daughter already knew how to read heading into kindergarten, and her teacher is doing a wonderful job of keeping her challenged. We had a recent issue with a child mistreating our daughter, and the staff has been very helpful in dealing with the situation. Summerwind offers several "extras" that I like--the principal was very informative about the new Common Core standards at a parent night, they hosted a math night, they have lunchtime running and reading clubs, career-day type assemblies, plus after-school activities like chess club and the jumprope club. My daughter is happy and I feel like she's getting a great education--what more could I ask for?

Summerwind works to keep parents involved and informed. I like to keep involved in education process of my grand child and they have made it easy for me to keep informed. Thank you Summerwind staff!

We have had mostly positive experiences with Summerwind. In general the teachers are likeable, capable, caring individuals. The kindergarten teachers are the best there is. IEP for my son's speech were non intimidating and helpful. PTO does a good job supporting the school programs.

The principal and many teachers there only care about standardized test scores and nothing else. This place is a glorified day care center. You could count the number of parents attending a PTA meeting on one hand...sometimes one finger. Thank you Summerwind, for showing me what a school shouldnt be. My children are now elsewhere.

When I transfered away from this school I thought this school was okay. the school I transfered to wasn't as good. there are good things at this school.

My twins attended Kindergarten at Summerwind and it was an amazing year. They had a wonderful teacher who loved them and much as they loved her. They attended a different elementary school farther out in Meridian, for the first two weeks of 1st grade, because we were going to move. It was a huge let down compared Summerwind. One of the main reasons we ended up not moving was because I strongly disliked the school. We are at Summerwind again and my twins couldn't be happier. Their teacher provided a fun, yet structured and challenging learning environment for them.

We have been at Summerwind for several years, We loved Mrs. Meyer, she was always involved with the children and had a loving caring attitude. Sadly she left last year. The new principal is more concerned with policy than she is children and actual people.

Wonderful teachers very involved principal Great support staff

Last modified Summerwind Math & Science is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.