Boise, ID
Students enrolled: 1,071

Posted August 04, 2014
This school is awful, the principal and vice principals were rude, the school itself needs to redone, the worst thing of all dress code! Maybe they should teach guys to control themselves instead of dress coding every girl for simple yoga pants, do you think it's comfortable sitting in jeans all day? It's not. Worst school ever

Posted September 22, 2013
This is school is horrible. Most of the classrooms do not have windows and most of the walls between classrooms are temporary walls so you can hear right through them. Teacher morale is extremely low, and the students do not participate in spirit-building events. The principal is not visible to the students, in fact, most of the students don't even know who she is because she likes to sit in her office all day (I know this b/c I substituted at Lowell Scott for several years). She never offers to help teachers, she only tells them to do more and more work and takes away more of their resources every year (more of a district/state issue, but she could try thinking outside the box to solve problems). Many of the students here seem depressed. Programs rarely carry over from year to year, so there is no continuity. There is no school newspaper, debate team, or drama club. The only extracurricular activities are sports and music. The PTA is a joke. Only a few parents are members. From what I saw, the teachers worked very hard, but were so overloaded they couldn't keep up and were exhausted all the time. I am VERY glad my children did not go to school at Lowell Scott.

Posted August 24, 2013
my sister went there for 2 years and absolte hated it. it is the worst school ever never go there i reccomend heritage

Lowell Scott Middle School 4

Posted October 07, 2011
I understand some of your fustration. But it is only a bad experience if you make it. For example, how could you make that grade better? How could that argument have been handled better? How could I understand that teacher's expectations a little more clearly? If you look at things with a positive question in mind, things could make much more sense and could be potentially easier in the future. Personally, I think it is a great school with great programs run by great teachers. I am in the GT (gifted and talented) program in the sixth grade and I love all that we do and the instructors that make it possible. If you participate in the GT program, you will meet fun people like mr. Meyers and mrs. Leitzinger. An overall great place.

Posted April 22, 2011
I have never disliked a school until we my child attended Lowell Scott. I made a point to meet all the teachers and some didn't know which child mine was in their classroom. I initially went in to talk to the principal at the beginning of the year and introduce myself to staff and never once have I been asked to participate in any way. Only one teacher has ever called all year, and bullies are ignored. I have seen so much gang activity at age 12. We will not be attending next year.

Posted April 14, 2010
This school is absolutely amazing no matter what anyone else says, its great. Best experiece of my entire life, they have great teachers and it is a very loving school that accepts everyone.

Posted March 02, 2010
Lowell Scott is the best school ever! I have As in every class! People who think it it is bad should really listen in class more, so you can get better grades! It is not the school's fault!

Lowell Scott Middle School 0

Posted February 23, 2010
lowell scott middle school is by farTHE WORST school i have ever attended! they do try, however, so many students are getting pregnant, using drugs, or alcohol! there is some definite problems with this school with the disiplinary action! im apologize for this statement, however this was one of the worst experiences ive had a school

Posted November 29, 2009

Posted May 11, 2009
lowell scott middle school is totally FABULOUS!!! i love it and would reccomend it to everyone!

Lowell Scott Middle School
13600 West Mc Millan Rd, Boise, ID  83713
Last modified Lowell Scott Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Scott Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top