Ustick Elementary School 5

Posted September 05, 2014
Love love love this school. Has great teachers that know what they are doing. They continually show huge growth scores according to district tests. Principal seems nice and fair.

Ustick Elementary School 5

Posted October 09, 2013
This is a great school. The teachers really care for the students. The school has great diversity that you will not find in another treasure valley school. The principal knows all the kids names and is always open to conversation. My kids are now in middle and high school and Ustick prepared them well.

Ustick Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
Ustick elementary is underrated. Yes, they have around 18 languages spoken there, so their test scores are misleading. If you look at the test scores of those where English is the language spoken in the home, they are the same as other schools in the area. All the teachers my 2 kids have had, I have loved. The school does a great job with parent involvement, however, many parents are lazy and drop the ball. It is the same parents helping out over and over again....can't blame the school. Overall, I think this is a fine school for Idaho, although Idaho schools could improve quite a bit in general.

Ustick Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2012
Our oldest son spent 4th grade here. I tried not to judge the school based on the old building, but our experience matched the old exterior. The teacher was overwhelmed with behavioral problems with a few students in the class. When I expressed my concern that my son wasn't reaching his potential, she said, " B's and C's get Degrees." I was floored that a teacher would encourage us to lower our expectations. This attitude carried on up to the administration as well. It's no surprise that this school is flagged as a "Needs Improvement" School and is required to provide its students with transportation to two other schools of choice. We moved him to Spalding and were very, very happy. The administration is excellent.

Ustick Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2010
Ustick school did not impress me with either academic or leadership excellence. Communication between teacher and parent was poor and sporadic in what they would send home for information and homework. Parent involement in classroom was minimal and it was always the same 1-2 parents everytime. Old school with old facilities and outdated materials and supplies. Big class sizes in small rooms with no personal space at all for kids supplies or backpacks.

Ustick Elementary School
12435 West Ustick Rd, Boise, ID  83713
Last modified Ustick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ustick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top