Spalding Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
A warm, caring place. The staff works well together and has a strong desire to make educating kids their top priority and strive to always put students first. We a work closely with other grade levels to better enhance the educational experience. Our principal is 100% dedicated to her staff and students. She promotes a school of teachers who want to go to school every day and does everything she can to insure that we have everything we need in order for this to happen. Spalding is an excellent school with wonderful staff members who have a drive to help all students excel!

Spalding Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
My kids have been part of Spalding for the past 6 years. I hate to say it, but since Mr. Johnstone left, I have seen a big change in the attitudes of the teachers and office staff. I am at the school every week volunteering and I have NEVER seen the principal come into any of my kids classrooms. She hides in her office -- doing who knows what?! She seems very uncomfortable talking to parents and there is a HUGE lack of communication between the school and parents. The school used to have a real community feel and Mr. Johnstone would always be around (directing traffic .. helping shovel snow, dressing up for fun school activities) -- now it feels like a very unwelcoming school. There is a lot of gossip and talking that goes on between the teachers and office staff. This year the entire 5th grade staff was replaced -- most weren't even ready for the school year to begin! I cannot recommend this school to anyone. A great experience for my kids has turned into a real disappoint. Test scores are DOWN for this school as well!!

Posted April 26, 2013
I completely agree with the last two comments. I would not recomend this school to anyone looking to apply. I have been at this school for five years and when Mr Johnstone was principal here I had one issue involving bullying and it was addressed. Since Jamie Dobson has started i have had multiple issues and she does not care to hear me. I feel as a parent that my opinions do not matter here. She makes me feel like I am always wrong for questioning her methods. I do not agree with segregating the 4th and 5th graders. I believe that is a quick fix instead of a long term solution. What really upsets me though is that a principal is suppose to be out of their office and walking about mingling and meeting parents and students, but it seems almost every day I am there to pick up my child from school she is sitting in her office. That is a very bad sign for a principal. Oh and about the teachers, there are still some great teachers here but there has been so many changes of staff there in the last yr. All 5th grade teachers are brand new. The good ones are leaving. The principal is what makes a school and I feel this principal is lacking the skills needed.

Posted February 20, 2013
The school as a whole is drastically behind in their math skills and as one teacher related to me, all the students school wide struggle with basic math skills. There are certain teachers that teach here that should be fired. They do not like children and it is clearly apparent. The principal leaves a lot to be desired. She tends to back the teachers even if they are truly in the wrong. I have also noticed that a lot of the really good teachers are leaving for other schools.....what does that say.

Posted February 20, 2013
Spalding has seen so many staffing changes in the last 2 years. The Spalding when Mr. Johnstone was principle is no longer the same...and that's very disappointing. My family has been at the school since 2005. Communication now between parents and teachers seems to be lacking, the principle doesn't seem to want to listen to concerns(really), and most of the 'excellent' teachers have found jobs at other schools. That's a problem!!! I do, however, love how they learn math, and I disagree with a review that says Spalding's teachers lack math skills. That is quite the opposite. All in all, I don't think I would recommend Spalding to anyone who is thinking about applying. Luckily, my daughter will be finishing 5th grade this year and moving on.

Posted February 15, 2011
My daughter loves this school and so do I . Her teacher have been so helpful and always going above and beyond can't say enough about the staff and all the teachers !

Spalding Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
This school is small and takes a personal intrest in the families there. The teachers are helpful and spend time with each student. They are very proud of the school and the students.

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009

Spalding Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2007
My three children have attended Spalding Elementary for the last two years. My oldest child just graduated from Spalding and is off to Middle School. He has totally enjoyed his time at Spalding. He has made many friendships that will carry on into middle school. My midlde child has a few more issues to deal with, and Spalding has stepped up and learned more about his issues and has learned how to best accommodate my son and his learning techniques. My youngest child, my daughter, has totally loved being at Spalding for both kindergarten and first grade. She is very much looking forward to second grade. This is the best school my children have been in. We look forward to several more years at Spalding Elementary school.

Spalding Elementary School
12311 West Braddock Dr, Boise, ID  83709
Last modified Spalding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Spalding Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top